Complaint Review: First National Credit: Amy Dexter, Customer Service

• Submitted: Mon, February 10, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, February 10, 2003

• Reported By:Austin Texas
First National Credit: Amy Dexter, Customer Service
Aliso Viejo, California U.S.A.

Amy Dexter, Customer Service rep for First National Credit rip-off interstate mail fraud Aliso Viejo California

I got a solicitation for a credit card in the mail from First National Credit. I read the entire solicitation before I sent in the one-time fee of $43.00. The material clearly stated that the fee would be refunded if you weren't satisfied with the card.

The card, it turns out, can only be used on items selected from a stupid catalog with stupid worthless junk.

There was an 800 phone number in the package with the card and so I called and spoke with a person who identified herself as Amy Dexter. I told her I wanted the fee back. After she tried to talk me out of that, she told me that the fee would be refunded in accordance with the representations made in the package with the card they sent me. "Amy" told me to send the entire package in to her, including the card. I sent the entire package and I sent it by certified mail. I did not keep copies.

I am unable to find a phone number and I have written 4 letters to the First National Credit asking for a refund of my $43.00. I realize that I was scammed, but I am going to continue to pursue my refund.

Sharon
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2003 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Credit-Amy-Dexter-Customer-Service/Aliso-Viejo-California-92656-5331/Amy-Dexter-Customer-Service-rep-for-First-National-Credit-rip-off-interstate-mail-fraud-A-44852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Credit: Amy Dexter, Customer Service