Complaint Review: First National Credit Card - Legacy VISA

• Submitted: Fri, March 24, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, June 25, 2006

• Reported By:Laguna Niguel California
First National Credit Card - Legacy VISA
PO Box 2677 Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

First National Credit Card - Legacy VISA ripoff Fees Late Charges Monthly Participation Allocation and payment posting dates after the required date to charge LATE fees Omaha Nebraska

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Statements

*UPDATE Employee: The banks are indeed not associated

*Author of original report: Right About RIPOFF and BANK - don't let the mailing address fool you TOO - they have three different consumer, reporting, payment addresses

*Consumer Comment: Right about ripoff, wrong bank

I have encountered an original $200 fee for the VISA, this was not reported when the application was completed and approved (just as many others reported). Every payment is mailed on time to deter late charges HOWEVER, First National Credit Card states that they recived it AFTER the due date by 1-2 days and charges an additonal late fee every month for $29. I can ONLY Imagine the revenue from this FRAUD on a LARGE VOLUME.

Get out of this credit card agreement. PAY it off and never look back they will have their hands in your pocket and MISREPORT your credit history - destroying it!

I am having my history reviewed by a Govt/Fed Official.

Tamera
Laguna Niguel, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2006 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Credit-Card-Legacy-VISA/Omaha-Nebraska-68103-2677/First-National-Credit-Card-Legacy-VISA-ripoff-Fees-Late-Charges-Monthly-Participation-Al-183129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Credit Card - Legacy VISA

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

I also have a Legacy Visa out of Sioux Falls SD. I have had the same charges as described above but did get 1 of the late fees waived. I think if they had a way to pay online it would make it much easier for the customers to pay. Unfortunatly some of us have less than perfect credit and pay the price with high interest rates and extremly high fees. It may be upsetting to have to deal with but if we thought about our credit before we would not be in this position :).

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Statements

AUTHOR: Preston - (U.S.A.)

I have one thing to say about this credit card company is that I pay my bills online. When I access my statement on line it said minimum payment due 30.00 dollars. However, I was over the limit of 33.00 dollars because of a previous over limit fee.

I asked them why it does not show minimum payment due 33.00 dollars plus the minimum amount due. I told them that it is very misleading and should be fixed. They had no answer. I believe that they do that on purpose to get the fees out of people. The online statements are very misleading. Other than that I have had no problems with them.

Example: (from my actual statement)

Balance as of 06/15/06:

Last Payment Amount: $ 60.00
Last Payment Posted: 05/18/06
Last Statement Balance: $ 283.45
Last Statement Date: 06/05/06

So from this, if you could only afford the minimum due you would look at this and think my minimum payment is 30.00... Thats what I will pay.

The banks are indeed not associated

AUTHOR: Joel - (U.S.A.)

This is in response to the statements made regarding the Legacy Visa, a card issued through First National Credit Card, a division of First National Bank Pierre, South Dakota. From your statement, your payments had to have been received more than 1-2 days after the due date. While a grace period is considered the time from a statement print date until that date it is due, a late fee is actually not charged unless a payment is not received before the next statement prints. The rule of mailing your payment 7-10 days early is one to live by. Just like you are not, we are also not responsible for the time it takes the United States Postal Service. All payments are posted within 24 hours of receipt, a regulation of Visa International. While your statement about "large profits" from late fees may be true, it is only true because of the type of business (the sub-prime) market we operate in, not because we hold payments. If payments are here when we expect them to be, this would not be an issue. And yes, the same rings true for the $175 total fees upon a first statement. This cost is unfortunately passed on to consumers due to the large rate of charge-offs we incur due to trying to help people re-establish credit. Furthermore, in response to the banks being related, the only similarity is our payment address of Omaha Neb. While were are soley operated out of South Dakota, the bank in Pierre and our credit operation out of Sioux Falls, we do not operate our own payment processing center. A large number of banks all utilize FDR's lockbox payment processing center in Omaha Nebraka. This would be the only reason that you would have to Omaha, Neb. addresses for two different banks. First National Omaha does indeed have their own operation and we are not associated whatsoever.

AUTHOR: Tamera - (U.S.A.)

It is the RIGHT BANK. First National and Legacy Visa are ONE IN THE SAME. They have different addresses for payment, reporting, disputes and customer service. IF YOU Think that the address is incorrect - I can certainly add the other two to tie into previous Rip off reports!

Right about ripoff, wrong bank

AUTHOR: Greg - (U.S.A.)

This ripoff card is not issued by First National Bank of Omnaha. The First National Legacy Visa is issued by a bank with a mailing address in Sioux Falls, SD.

The FNB Omaha is a very conservative bank that does not deal with subprime products.