Complaint Review: First National Government Grant Benefits

• Submitted: Mon, February 28, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, February 28, 2005

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
First National Government Grant Benefits
15720 John Downy Dr. Suite 300 Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

First National Government Grant Benefits ripoff Charlotte North Carolina

I got a call from someone named Ken Edwards (his Rep ID was 910). According to him, I had around $12,500 that the government was going to send back to me since I paid my taxes in 2003. He said that he had a packet that was going to be sent within a 4-5 days.

He asked me if I had a working checking accound and if I was over 18 years old. I said "yes". Then he said that there was going to be something like a $29 fee that I would have to pay to get some information from them. He said it was going to be charged within 2-3 days.

Then he said that I would be getting the money as a grant from the government. That's when I began to think "Hmmm...usually when the government wants to give tax money back, they do so in the form of a government check...you know...like on tax returns...

After that, he began to ask for my bank name, routing number, and account number. I told him that I only knew my bank name, and that it's in Chicago. And since I'm away at school, I don't have my routing numbers with me. I also told him that I didn't have my account number at hand.

He seemed annoyed when I said that and said that he would keep me on file and call at another time. Usually at the end of a business phone call they usually say something like "Thank you" or maybe "goodbye" . He just hung up...

Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2005 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Government-Grant-Benefits/Charlotte-North-Carolina/First-National-Government-Grant-Benefits-ripoff-Charlotte-North-Carolina-133199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Government Grant Benefits