continually

• Submitted: Sat, August 06, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, August 06, 2005

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
First National Grant
7011 NW 78th Ave Miami, Florida U.S.A.

First National Grant tried to get me to give bank info Miami Florida

Someone called me today, caller id said 440-009-2022. They claimed I had won a grant for $12,500, and to give them my bank account information so they could transfer the money. Then, I had to send them a check for $29.95 one-time processing fee.

I knew this was a scam, so I asked some information. They used the names Bruce Williams, Anthony Gonzales and Valerie Hall. All three had very thick foreign accents. Bruce was Indian-sounding, Anthony was Arab-sounding and Valerie was Asian-sounding.

Also, since they were transfering me to "supervisors", I found it odd that in the background, it sounded like a bunch of people making calls in a warehouse. Very poor acoustics, unlike a professional call center might sound. They gave me their website address, and I immediately looked it up. Despite the website's grant information, I did a GOOGLE search for "first national grant", and found that it is a common scam, which has already been reported here.

I am just adding to the reports. Area code 440 is Ohio, not Florida, where they said they were calling from (address was given).

Mark
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2005 08:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Grant/Miami-Florida-33178/First-National-Grant-tried-to-get-me-to-give-bank-info-Miami-Florida-152799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Grant