Complaint Review: First National Merchant Credit Card Advantage - CCA, Allstate Check Cashing Service,

• Submitted: Fri, May 23, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 19, 2012

• Reported By:Lake Katrine New York
PO BOX 46101 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

First National Merchant Credit Card Advantage, CCA, Allstate Check Cashing Service, Fraudulent, LIARS, SCAM ARTISTS, DIRTBAGS, UNFAIR, DISHONEST, AND I WILL PREVAIL AND THEY WILL NOT TAKE MY MONEY B/C MY TRANSACTION IS STILL PENDING, SCUMBAGS ! Las Vegas Nevada, Also many other nationwide locations

*Consumer Comment: Thanks for the info, just about to activate my card

*Author of original report: Those Bastards took my money

I recvied a letter showing URGENT APPROVED ! Just call to activate. So I called the "Activation number" got a rep everything was fine he took all of my info and we agreed on a date for the withdrawl of $199.99 activation fee to occur today May 23.

After a few days I decided that I really did not have the money to do this at this time so I decided to call the "Customer Service" (800-760-4045). I called and sat on hold for 1 hour and after an hour the phone dissconnected me. I was so pissed off !

So I called the activation line to find out if Customer Service is down or if there was a problem. The only this these F***ing people say is "I'm sorry Mam we are just the activation department, do you have the Customer service telephone # ?" Which makes me even more pissed off. I mean they had no problem taking my information but now as soon as it comes to taking it back out of the system , it's "we don't even have that info anymore only customer service has that info".

So I decide to speak with one of there supervisors who was more ignorant than the rep. I could not belive these people ! I asked if they could connect me with someone in customer service or give me a fax # so I could send in my letter to cancel...for some reason at this point I belive that even If I did get my cancellation letter into them, it would not have helped.

I'm going to the bank this morning to close my account b/c I do not want them to cause me any fiancial difficulties.

I hope anyone who recives this letter realizes how many reports there are against this company. I only wish I typed their name in my search box before I gave them my information. Because as soon as you type in First National Merchant CCA, all that pops up is reports and warnings of how they suck ! and I could not belive that the supervisor at the "activation line" asked me if I was calling him a liar b/c I asked if he had ever contacted Customer service or new anyone who has ever been able to get a hold of them b/c I've held for at least an hour a day for the past 3 weeks.

I'll be holding again this morning to try the one more time before my bank opens and I go to close my account.

So Everyone BEWARE of anything marked FIRST NATIONAL MERCHANT, CCA, ALLSTATE CHECK CASHING SERVICE, CREDIT SERVICE DIVISON.

Michele Lake Katrine, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2003 04:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Merchant-Credit-Card-Advantage-CCA-Allstate-Check-Cashing-Service/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89114-6101/First-National-Merchant-Credit-Card-Advantage-CCA-Allstate-Check-Cashing-Service-Fraudu-58095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Merchant Credit Card Advantage - CCA, Allstate Check Cashing Service,

Thanks for the info, just about to activate my card

AUTHOR: Matt - (U.S.A.)

well I was just about to activate my card,
I read that they have a catolog so I was looking for one online. I came across this and uhh....I don't think i'll be activating it ever lol. this company by looking at all the scam reports on this website , needs to have something done about it.it makes perfect sense that they were tryin to give me a credit card and they're scammers. i have extremely bad credit. the whole thing seemed kinda fishy to begin with. when they first contacted me over 3 months ago, i didn't have a bank accouunt so the guy on the phone gave me an account number to use, that was very strange.
anyways whis company is seriousdly messeed up
and thanks again for saving me lotsa of problems
i could have activated this thing

AUTHOR: Dawn - (U.S.A.)

I just received a call from these people. They have been ringing my cell phone off the hook. I have no idea where they got my number from but anyway. Some foreign guy, calls and he asks all kinds of dumb a*s questions like hows the weather and what not. He sat and explained the program to me about the credit card and all. I only half listened besides I make ROR part of my daily reading and for background checks so I knew he was on some bs. Well I let him go on his spill about this so called 5,000 credit card and he tried to make it sound like such a good offer of course at the end is where they he said he needed 199.99 I laughed at him and asked him was he joking? He asked me for my social security number or my state id number and I refused to give it to him. Then he said ok well may we have your bank account number. I am thinking this guy must be on some heavy drugs because there is no way in hell i am telling him that. I hung up on him. Some other company called earlier this week trying to sell me the same line of bs and as soon as they ask for my bank account number I know its a scam. So my advice to anyone is this if someone is truly a credit company they should know what kind of credit you have already. And if they want to know your account number to see if you bounced checks then they can call your bank and find out. NEVER EVER give anyone your account info over the phone its their pass to help themselves to your money and most of all before you do business check out ROR before you do. If I would have done this the first time companies wouldnt have scammed me out of at least 2000.00

Those Bastards took my money

AUTHOR: Michele - (U.S.A.)

Just thought I'd update here to say that I was finally able to contact they as of Friday May 23rd the date of the transaction. However once I did get a hold of the company they were unable to stop the transaction b/c of my neglegence.

They told me b/c I waited until the last day to call that they would be glad to cancel my membership however I still would pay the $199.99. I attempted to close out my bank account however I still had an outstanding check so I was unable to so they did take my money. If anyone has any solutions on how to deal with these scam artists or how to get my money back please post your info below...thanks*