Complaint Review: First National Merchant Solutions

• Reported By: MGL — St. Louis Missouri USA
First National Merchant Solutions
Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

First National Merchant Solutions Consumer Fraud Omaha, Nebraska

Several months ago, about May of 2009, out of the blue I started getting debits to my checking account. I didn't know who was doing it so I called my bank and asked. The bank staed they didn't know who it was , but I could dispute the charges. So I filed the necessary paper work and and it turned out to be First National Merchant Solutions of Omaha, Nebraska.
I hadnt done any business with these people since 2001 and had closed my account in 2004 at the expiration of the contract. When I called them about it they said the account had been automatically renewing since then without my permission and now with the new credit card laws they were going to debit me for 119.00 for some kind of training.
I told them the company they had me listed for was now defunct and they could check their records and see that it had not done any business with them in over 3 years and to terminate the account. They then informed me that there was a 250 dollar early termination fee on the account.
I produced a letter on their letter head stating that there was no early termination fee and the rep I worked with stated that there was no auto renewal.
This has seemed to make no difference. They are still trying to charge me the early termination fee and the charge for training that I will never use because the account is closed.
Calling their customer service does no good and faxing to the office of the president as they require you to do does no good either. They refuse to let you talk to anyone in authority that might be able to help.
The rep that sold me the account said that all thier reps left when they started doing this to all their former customers. This is a clear case of consumer fraud and I believe there is enough of a case for a class action suit against them.
They are now threatening to report me to Experian and blacklist me from ever getting another merchant account.
I will continue to keep you updated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2009 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Merchant-Solutions/Omaha-Nebraska-63103-0196/First-National-Merchant-Solutions-Consumer-Fraud-Omaha-Nebraska-510414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Merchant Solutions