respond

• Submitted: Thu, May 01, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, May 01, 2008

• Reported By:Phillipsburg New Jersey
First PREMIER Bank
900 West Delaware PO Box 5519 Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

First PREMIER Bank CREDIT CARD RIP-OFF SCAM How much do I owe you? Sioux Falls South Dakota

My husband and I were +"Pre-Approved" for a First PREMIER Bank credit card back in 2006. It was endorsed by VISA and MASTERCARD and Member FDIC, so we thought it was a legit card. I am a very cautious person and I always read the fine print. I was aware of the "one-time" fees that are applied to your first month.

We received our card and did not exceed the little spending limit we had left. (Like $27 out of $250) When the first statement arrived, I paid the balance in full. We waited a month for our next statement (at the advice of my dad, the credit guru) to make sure that our card had a zero balance and a full credit limit. It did.

Until, the next time I went to use the card. I remember because I was at work and I wanted lunch. I ran across the street to the convenience store and bought a little sandwich. I always keep my reciepts to keep track of my balance. Later on that night, we went to use the card for gas in the car and it was declined. I called the number on the back of the card to check the balance, and it said $50 and some change. I knew that couldn't be right. The next day I called customer service, and I was put on hold until I was disconnected.

When the next statement arrived, it said that we were over the limit. What I saw were these "one-time" fees charged to my card again! I called the dispute a claim number and explained to them what was going on, about the first bill paid in full, the zero amount due, the fees, and how could we be over the limit if we only charged $6.48? What I got was a lot of nonsence. Now I have a statement that claims we owe them $449.93

How can this be possible???

Nikki
Phillipsburg, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2008 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-PREMIER-Bank/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57117-5519/First-PREMIER-Bank-CREDIT-CARD-RIP-OFF-SCAM-How-much-do-I-owe-you-Sioux-Falls-South-Dakot-329837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First PREMIER Bank