Complaint Review: First PREMIER Bank

• Updated: Tue, December 18, 2012

• Reported By: Erinn — Santa Barbara California United States of America
First PREMIER Bank
3820 N Louise Ave Internet United States of America

First PREMIER Bank First PREMIER Bank Won't send refund check for overpayment Internet

*Author of original report: First PREMIER Bank Response?!

*Consumer Comment: Report FPB to the CFPB

I accidentally overpaid my First PREMIER Bank credit card account by $690.39 over a month ago. I have called over and over to get a refund check and all I get is a dog and pony show.

First PREMIER Bank tells me it must be "investigated" first or "you have to wait 30 days to make sure it clears" and now they tell me it might take up to 60 days?! The guys are RIP OFF ARTISTS!

I closed this account because 36% APR is crazy and I no longer need the card to "help build up my credit"--they were very snarky when I asked to close the account.

I feel like I'm being played with and I'm not going to take it any longer. Perhaps a call and letter from my attorney will expedite this process, but BE WARNED! First Premier Bank card is NOT worth it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 07:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-PREMIER-Bank/internet/First-PREMIER-Bank-First-PREMIER-Bank-Wont-send-refund-check-for-overpayment-Internet-982324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First PREMIER Bank

First PREMIER Bank Response?!

AUTHOR: Erinn - (United States of America)

UPDATE: I sent this letter to the FPB Account Inquiry department regarding returning my overpayment funds of ($690.39) :

Dear First PREMIER Bank,

I am contacting you to request that you acknowledge me in writing the reason that you are holding my overpayment funds ($690.39) beyond the 30 days you originally told me you needed to be sure that the funds cleared.

I have called four times since November 13th with questions and concerns about this beyond normative time practice of holding overpayment funds, with very little help except that theyd be mailed back by December 14th. Seeing that no account action had been taken, I called on Friday, December 14, 2012, I was told you might need up to 60 days?!

Additionally, while I was on hold, your recording stated that if I am calling regarding a refund, it could take up to 30 days receive (NOT 30-60 days, etc.).

I would like to have the exact date in writing that you plan to return my funds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Response from FPB to me:

"Thank you for using PREMIER Online. The Website Department is unable to complete your request.  Please contact our Customer Service Department for assistance.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving your financial needs.  If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-501-4689."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
... Looks like First PREMIER Bank doesn't want their bad dealing practices in writing... only via phone.

Report FPB to the CFPB

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (USA)

Firstly, I assume you have written communication both to and from First Premier Bank for this snafu. If you don't already have it in writing from FPB, then contact them in writing and have them send you this info regarding the delay in payment to you in writing. That way you have proof of their unjustly withholding your overpayment. Once you have the proof, send it to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). That is what they are there to do - protect you from actions like this where the creditor is withholding your overpayment for an unreasonable time.