Complaint Review: First Performance Recovery

• Submitted: Wed, September 12, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, September 19, 2012

• Reported By: Marian — Baltimore Maryland U.S.A.
First Performance Recovery
600 Pilot Road,Suite A Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

First Performance Recovery A woman named Dottie contacted me and informe me that I could pay a settlement amount on the bill I had with HSBC Bank,so I agreed to pay 3 payments of $157.00 to this company. Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: You got scammed

I was contacted by First Performance Recovery about a bill I had with HSBC Bank and was told that I could pay a settlement amount to clear up the bill. I did so with three payments of $157.00. The total amount I paid was $471.00. They collected my money, then they sold the account to another company. I did not know that they were suppose to send me a letter stating that the bill was paid in full, now the other company wants me to pay this bill again. I can't locate or contact First Performance now. It's like they have disappeared off the face of the earth. My credit report is messed up because of this bill showing on it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2012 07:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Performance-Recovery/Las-Vegas-Nevada-00008-9119/First-Performance-Recovery-A-woman-named-Dottie-contacted-me-and-informe-me-that-I-could-940375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Performance Recovery

You got scammed

AUTHOR: Tagurit - (USA)

Uinfortunately you were scammed.  The number is no longer valid if in fact it ever was.  The address is an APARTMENT COMPLEX not a business.

Never ever deal with a debt colletor unless it is in writing EVER. Because even if they are a real debt collector they will lie.

Now, here are a few other questions that may help you out.

First, did you ever owe HSBC a debt?  If so, how long ago?  Do not pay, do not admit anything to this new debt collector.  Instead ask them for their address and write them a letter certified return receipt stating they must provide to you proof the debt is yours and also proof the debt is not past the statute of limitations for collections for your state.   You need to check up on the statute of limitation for your state.  If it is past that date, don't pay.  Write them back stating it is past the statute of limitations and if they (1) contact you further or (2) place it on your credit report you will sue them under the provisions of the FDCPA.