Complaint Review: First Premier Bank Card MAster Card

• Submitted: Tue, July 19, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, July 23, 2005

• Reported By:Chama New Mexico
First Premier Bank Card MAster Card
Po Box 5147 Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-987-5521
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

First Premier Bank Ripoff No Identity theft support At all Sioux Falls South Dakota

*Consumer Suggestion: Advice to you on your problem

I had my identity stolen by somebody who works for an online store. They used my card to buy everything they could online. When I told First Premier about this, we went over the charges and eliminated the ones that were fraudulent. THey issued me another card. I got a letter a week later from thier security dept, stating they were reinstating all the charges because my name and address were used.

Of course, anyone who uses a credit card must use the correct name and address, and I told them that. THey said it is not their problem, and I will be liable for all charges, period.

I told them to go to h**l.

I am a disabled vet with vision problems, and I find this to be a rip-off. I was told that online purchases are not protected by First PRemier, and they would see me in court

Chama, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2005 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Premier-Bank-Card-MAster-Card/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57117/First-Premier-Bank-Ripoff-No-Identity-theft-support-At-all-Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-150365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Premier Bank Card MAster Card

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Advice to you on your problem

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

Here is what I what I would advise doing....

First of all, please contact your state credit commissioner's office and the state at which First Premier is located. In addition, I would also contact the FTC regarding your issue and file a complaint.

Second of all, please send a certified letter to First Premier requesting them to take off the charges and attach a police report from the police or sheriff's office in the county/city which you reside showing that these are fraudulent charges.

Now, if the matter continues forward with no resolution, then I am sorry to say that you may have to sue. So, with that being the case, and since most of us do not have the money to do this, you can do one of two things... You can seek an attorney on a contingency fee basis -- basically to accept part of your award for payment OR seek out legal aid or other non profit legal agency for assistance.

However, I would make sure that you do all of the following above first. You can send one letter directly to the company and then send a second certified letter to their corporate general counsel or executives. Since First Premier is a banking institution, then it should not be hard to find who is running their operation. If the matter ends up going to court, you can be rest assured that you have performed all of your due diligence to have this issue resolved (all of your certified letters to the company and communications period in your hand).