Complaint Review: First Premier Bank Credit Card.

• Submitted: Mon, November 18, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 02, 2014

• Reported By: Pamjsb55 — Garden City Michigan
First Premier Bank Credit Card.
, Select State/Province USA

First Premier Bank Credit Card. Closed My Account with payments made, account is currented Garden City Michigan

On September 11, 2013 I received a phone call from "Jimmy" of the collections department fo First Premier Bank Credit Card.  I explained to "Jimmy" that my bank account is messed up due to identity theft and I didn't want to set up any ach payments at this time.  I told that I will call when I received my social security payment I will pay on that day.  Jimmy then explained that I needed to set up and ach payment from my checking to keep the account open but I could call back with a different form of payment such as a prepaid debit card and change the payment  before First Premier Bank sent the ach to my checking account.

On September 13th, I called to make a $30.00 payment from my prepaid credit card.  I spoke with "Mike" in the collections department. "Mike" took the payment and change the date of the rest of the payment amount and the submition date to the 28th of September.  On September 28th, I called and spoke with "Andrew" an made the $260.00 payment as arranged,  and I asked that the submition to my checking to be stopped.  I was assured by "Andrew" that payment is stopped.   Well, they didn't stop that payment, I got hit with insufficent funds fees of total of 104.00!

On October 18th, I received another call but this time from "Sunny".   Again, just like with "Jimmy", "Sunny" insisted that I should guarantee my payment arrangement by giving her my checking account information and then on  or before the October 25th, I could change the form of payment from my checking account to my prepaid debit card.  Again, not only did I explain to her that I was uncomfortable this and I wanted to call back just directly make my payment on October 25th when I receive my social security payment. "Sunny" explained that I had to make arrangements from my checking account on October 28th or my credit card account will be closed.  So I scheduled the payment arrangement.  Again, I asked if I can change my form of payment to my prepaid debit because I am a victum of identity theft.  Of course, Sunny answered sure there will be no problem in changing the form of payment on or before the October 28th.  On October 26th, I called and made not only the arranged payment of $78.00, I PAID THE AMOUNT OF $110.00!!!  Again, I asked that First Premier Bank not to submit the request for funds from my checking and again, I was told that the request would be honored.

On November 1, I tried to use my card, I had an available credit of $75.00 but my charges were declined. I called to find out why and found that the card priviledges was suspened. The person I spoke with told me that she would put in a request to have suspension lifted.  On November 7th, I received a letter informing me that the account has been closed due to "Excessive returned payments from my financial institution. "  So I called and asked why, after all they did receive the payments as arranged.  I was told by "Tyler" that I need to have a letter sent by my bank that the returned payments were the fault of the bank within 90 days and the account would be opened.  LIARS!!!   I did get that letter and they still didn't re open the account!!  So I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  Bob with the Nebraska Division of the Better Business Bureau explained the procedure and told that First Premier would have to answer my complaint by December 23rd.  First Premier Bank didn't respond!

So from here I will contact the Nebraska Better Business Bureau to file my next steps. I will file a complaint with the Michigan Attorney General Office and possibly the South Dakota Attorney General and the Nebraska Attorney General.  In the mean time, I requested a copy of the terms and conditions of the credit card account from First Premier Credit Card,  I did receive them.   NO WHERE IN THE THOSE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DID IT STATE THAT A CARDHOLDER COULDN'T CHANGE THEIR FORM OF PAYMENT WITHOUT REPERCUSSIONS!  It did however state that First Premier Bank has the right to close the account at their on discretion and without reason!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2013 06:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Premier-Bank-Credit-Card-/Select-StateProvince/First-Premier-Bank-Credit-Card-Closed-My-Account-with-payments-made-account-is-currente-1100434. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Premier Bank Credit Card.