Complaint Review: First Premier Bank

• Submitted: Sat, August 25, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2008

• Reported By:Huntington West Virginia
First Premier Bank
P O Box 5524 Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

First Premier Bank Another one gets scammed! Made Payment but available credit didn't reflect it even though the payment is taken out of my account. Sioux Falls South Dakota

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Here's what you need to do.

*Consumer Comment: I also was a victim of this company

*Consumer Suggestion: Again, You Have to BE Pro Active---That is the Only Way to Put a Stop to First Premier Bank Ripoffs

Ok, a few months ago I received an offer from them and I read through every thing that they had sent. They even contacted my employer to verify employment. I received the card in the mail ACTIVATED!!!! (I thought was odd) Then I sign up for on-line account and they charged $4 to do that. I din't think too much of this because I am computer savvy and know all the resources going into running services like this but I thought that it would be free like everyone else does.

I really didn't think anything about sending a payment to them but the first payment I sent them didn't reflect an accurate available credit like it should but it was only a partial amount. Last week I paid the full balance thinking that it would give me the full credit available to use. Well, it didn't of course. Hind sight is 20/20 afterall. I sent an inquiry about this but it is the weekend so no answer to this and so I wait.

I got to looking at everything on the website and there is no contact info or nothing. So I thought there was a different site that I could find to contact them. I did a Google search and what did I find to my surprise!!!!!! You know it too, this website. As soon as I seen the site I read through a few complaints and I see what everyone is saying. I called the number to cancel the card and I shredded the card. Now I am calling the bank Monday to dispute the charges on my bank account from these people. After that the Attorney General's office is getting a call from me to file a complaint. My quetion is quite simply this -- Do I have a legitamte claim to dispute the amounts I paid to them?

Huntington, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2007 08:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Premier-Bank/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-27114/First-Premier-Bank-Another-one-gets-scammed-Made-Payment-but-available-credit-didnt-refl-270186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Premier Bank

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Here's what you need to do.

AUTHOR: Thebigwaldo - (U.S.A.)

you need to call customer service (800) 987-5521 and tell them your payment is not posting to your account. they may ask you some questions about the payments, but you are going to need to get the correspondence address or fax # and fax a copy of the front and back of the check (if you mailed it in) or proof from your bank that the payment did post to your account. they WILL apply the funds to your account once that is all straightened out, and in the future i suggest paying through western union... sure it's a little more expensive but it is guaranteed funds into your account and you will see it posted within 1-2 business days (depending on what time of day you send it).

I also was a victim of this company

AUTHOR: Tinman05 - (U.S.A.)

I had an experience with this company also. I got my card and of course used it. I didnt max it out but I had spent about $75 on it and the first payment was due of $25 I think. I sent in a $100 payment with a baby coming in 2 weeks thinking I might need the card for flowers for my wife and such or something for the baby I should have had almost $250 left on the card to use after the payment went thru.

OK Baby is here went to use the card and card declined. called and asked why since I had made a payment 1 week prior to due date (above the amount due) and was told that they had froze the account for suspected fraud. I said no that no one had used the card but me. Gave them my information to verify who I was and he said the problem was the OVER PAYMENT. I couldnt believe what I was hearing. He said that when someone makes an over payment it automatically freezes the account for a minimum 21 days and that I would have to wait for that time period to end. I said OK and hung up.

NOW I have been getting calls from them for NOT PAYING and when they call (sometimes 5 - 10 times a day) I just tell them that I have frozen their payment for Fraud. They dont like it much as I didnt. and of course I am taking a hit on my credit report but I think it is well worth it since it hasnt affected me as they said it would. I just purchased a New 07 Silverado and also A 2003 Durango and got great deals with low interest on both Under 5% on each

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I commend you for giving your story about First Premier and taking action with the Attorney General. You have to be very aggressive and might I add just as aggressive to how First Premier likes to sink his hand into your pocket and take your money.

Write the Attorney General of your state and complain about First Premier Bank. Also write the:
Attorney General of South Dakota

Pierre, South Dakota 57501-4590

Better Business Bureau
3633 O Street, Suite 1
Lincoln, NE 68510

Very important office to write since they are a "national bank" is:

Customer Assistance Group
Comptroller of the Currency
Attention: Consumer Complaints
1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3710
Houston, TX 77010

If everyone who has complained on this website were to write these agencies indicated above I guarantee the attention would be so great on this scam bank they would be investigated very closely. It takes people complaining that will bring this bank to the table to be examined for its unethical actions.