Complaint Review: First Premier Bank

• Submitted: Wed, July 29, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:Stevenson Ranch California
First Premier Bank
3820 N. Louise Ave Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

First Premier Bank Makes Promises That It Doesn't Keep Sioux Falls South Dakota

I've had an account with this bank for about a year now and recently just added a 2nd one. I had no problems with the fees since I was aware that First Premier Bank catered to sub prime borrowers. What I didn't know, however, is that this bank trains all of its "customer service" and collection reps to say whatever they have to, to get the account holder to pay off their balances. I was promised credits in exchange for making payments to both of my accounts and was not given them after the payments had cleared. Moreover, the rep I had initially dealt with said that I would have a 0 balance on one of the cards after said payment. When the payment posted, I still had a remaining balance of $49. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, who called herself Marie, (who led off the conversation by asking for a payment. they all are trained apparently to do so) who said that she would "pull the call" (yeah, right!) to see what rep 1 promised a couple of days back (a $100 credit and a zero balance on the other acct), and she said that she would call me within 24-72 with a resolution.

To this day, I haven't heard from a soul at FP Bank and you can bet that they'll call (from collections dept. no less) if I'm just 24 hours late on a payment to either card. If you have received their offer in the mail, do yourself a favor and just throw it away immediately! I have never heard of a financial institution that makes promises to the consumer that it doesn't even try faintly to keep.

Richv
Stevenson Ranch, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2009 01:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Premier-Bank/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57107/First-Premier-Bank-Makes-Promises-That-It-Doesnt-Keep-Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-474439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Premier Bank