Complaint Review: First Premier Bank

• Updated: Sun, January 26, 2014

• Reported By: windwalker — Calhoun Georgia
First Premier Bank
Sioux Falls Sioux Falls, South Dakota USA

First Premier Bank They charge a 6.25 monthly fee and when I try to close the card I was told it was for Cred reporting service and would not let me close it. Souix Falls SD

*UPDATE Employee: Response from First PREMIER Bank

*Consumer Comment: Something is missing from this report

I have tryed to close my card a number of times with First Premier Bank in Souix Falls, SD a number of times each time I have been give a hard time I told them I have a card that does not charge a fee. I was given a hard time and have been told that the $6.25 fee goes to report the to the credit reporting each month but I have noticed that I hace a charge on my card of $3.25 for reporting to the credit reporting companys fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2014 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Premier-Bank/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57114-5524/First-Premier-Bank-They-charge-a-625-monthly-fee-and-when-I-try-to-close-the-card-I-was-1118593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Premier Bank

Response from First PREMIER Bank

AUTHOR: Julie at PREMIER Bankcard - ()

I apologize for any poor service you may have received from a representative of First PREMIER Bank and would like to help.  Please contact me directly at JulieGilson@premierbankcard.com and include your name, address, and telephone number so we can review your account. Thank you.

Julie Gilson
Directing Officer, Business Communications

Something is missing from this report

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

You can close the account if you are paid in full with a zero balance. Is it possible you misunderstood the customer service person? No credit card company can force you to keep their card services.  Now if you have a balance, they might say that you have to pay the monthly servicing fee until the balance is paid off. Make sure you have stopped any automatic debits to the card that you have authorized before attempting to close the account.  Read the Terms and Conditions for the card to find out exactly what procedure you have to use to close the account.