Complaint Review: First Premier Bank

First Premier Bank
Sioux Falls, South Dakota United States of America

First Premier Bank READ THE FINE PRINT!!! Sioux Falls, South Dakota

*UPDATE Employee: Response from First PREMIER Bank

I ,  like many , people have injured credit.

When I received the offer from First premier credit I thought "Wow this is too good to be true!"

Guess what? It's too good to be true.

The card arrived with a 175.00 balance ( annual fee!) so my 700.00 balance was actually 525.00.
Okay this is where it gets tricky :  I skimmed the fine print; I thought it said if I don't use the card within a a period of time, I would owe nothing. Actually, If you don't use the card within a certain period of time ( 30 days) and call, traverse thier automatic tribunal to speak to a live person, You will be charged.
I put my card on a my fridge with a magnet to think about it for awhile and wait until I really needed it.
I got a few phone calls from a quite frankly very creepy automated person ..made a few calls asked them to cancel the card. I guess I wasn't clear enough and received a late notice with 2 late fees and a minimum payment due of 90.00 and a new balance of 246.00 !!

I then attempt one of many phone calls to clear up the matter...the first woman clearly recieved her phone training from a US drill sergeant..she was rude and condescending and had a chuckle in her voice as she told me I had been reported to the Credit bureau as delinquent !When I told her I was going to report them to the BBB, she said " we have thousands of customers " I hung up on her.

Called back ..got a man who told me he would knock off 1 late fee if i would go to a moneygram location to pay and keep my account current ! I'm at work on a Friday, can't leave to go do that.

Long story short, I finally get a woman who waives the late fees and takes a card payment over the phone.
I'm still paying a balance on a phantom card.

I shredded the card and am paying of the balance and will close it when balance is clear.

This should not be legal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Premier-Bank/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57117/First-Premier-Bank-READ-THE-FINE-PRINT-Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-1016222. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Premier Bank

Response from First PREMIER Bank

AUTHOR: Julie at PREMIER Bankcard - (USA)

Debxonick

I am sorry to hear you were having issues with your account and would like to help.

The fees related to an account are disclosed at the time of application. As with all our products, cardholders who are unhappy with the account terms are eligible for a full refund of account fees as long as the card had not been used.

Please contact me directly so your account can be reviewed and we can address any concerns you may have. You may email me at JulieGilson@premierbankcard.com. Please include your name, address, and telephone number in your email and we will contact you to further discuss this issue. Thank you.

Julie Gilson