Complaint Review: First Premier Bank

• Submitted: Sat, September 29, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, October 15, 2007

• Reported By:INDEPENDENCE Louisiana
First Premier Bank
P.o.box 5524 Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

First Premier Bank THE ULTIMATE RIP OFF Sioux Falls South Dakota

*Consumer Suggestion: A Few More Points to Consider About First Premier Bank

*Consumer Suggestion: I am not sure what the problem is...

*Consumer Suggestion: First Premier Bank CC is SOLEY for rebuilding credit. Specifically for people with bad credit.

*Consumer Suggestion: Elizabeth There Is a Bit More To Consider

*Consumer Suggestion: The fine print

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggestion On How to Stop First Premier Bank Card from Ripping Off More People

I got a offer today from first premier bank for a visa card with a 9.95 rate wow.Now the fees remember this is for a $300.00 credit line account set up fee $29.00 ,program fee$95.00 ,annual fee $48.00 , monthly service fee $84.00 (annually) , additional card $20.00
Now if this isn;t bad enough other charges Each time you receive a credit line increase you pay $25.00 internet access fee $3.95 per month auto draft fees $11.00 phone calls $7.00 per call plus others now how can a poor person ever get ahead Remember a $300..00 line with fees of 256.00 just to start You could not get a tank of gas
overlimit fees $29.00 plus a interest rate increase
THERE NEEDS TO BE A LAW ABOUT THIS KIND OF RIP OFF

L
INDEPENDENCE, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2007 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Premier-Bank/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57117/First-Premier-Bank-THE-ULTIMATE-RIP-OFF-Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-276450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Premier Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

A Few More Points to Consider About First Premier Bank

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Brad has made some very good points and I would not contridict any of them. Folks have to read the fine print and so few do but when dealing with an outfit like First Premier you absolutely have to.

Let me add this what has been said. I had dealings with First Premier and never from me applying for a credit card from them. Unfortunately, I was brought into a scam they orchestrated and it quite frankly fell in their laps and they lost several hundred of dollars.

Anyway, I have done a tremendous amount of research on First Premier Bank from public records to those available through Freedom of Information Act and through the Governors of Federal Reserve System. They are right in the center of my radar screen and under the microscope.

At this point I will say to anyone who feels they must apply ONLY to First Premier Bank for a credit card to reestablish your credit and there is ABSOLUTELY NO ONE who will give you credit. I have great news for you that is just not true. Capital One Bank is just as apt to offer you credit as First Premier Bank and they do not have outlandish fees, ridiculous credit charges etc. like First Premier.

Please by all means do a search of Capital One in this website and you will not find the horror stories you find with First Premier Bank. Folks Please stay clear of First Premier they are ripping off folks around this country and doing it successfully for some time. Please stay clear of First Premier Bank they are a scam bank of the first degree.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I am not sure what the problem is...

AUTHOR: Brad In Louisiana - (U.S.A.)

I had some things happen that totally ruined my credit. finally I got an offer from First Premier Bank. I applied was approved. I agree all the inital fees are a bit outrageous. Of 300 limit, my initial available credit was like 120 after fees, but I wanted a card, and wanted to rebuild my credit, so I agreed. I paid all the fees off in one payment. I READ AND KNEW ALL THE TERMS AHEAD OF TIME, and knew they were making so much money off of me, but it is the price a bogue (lol) has to pay to have a credit card.. I was already a risk to them, as are everyone who gets the card. I pay my bill IN FULL every month so as to avoid excessive charges. I also pay by WESTERN UNION so the payment is posted within 24 hrs.

Face it, we who have to get card from First Premier ALREADY have a history of not paying out bills. Lay off of them. or cancel your account and pay it off! Somthing tells me you won't though.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

First of all, I applied online. The fees were all right there, all you have to do is pay attention, as with any business transaction you engage in.

This is strictly a cc for those with bad credit to build their credit score, or for those with no credit to establish it.

Thats it.

If you have good credit, you can get a card from anyone you choose.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Elizabeth There Is a Bit More To Consider

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Elizabeth you are correct in your comments that one has to read the fine print. Yet in reality how many really do? I have seen to online card sign-up for First Premier Bank and yes the costs and charges are there but they have been placed in suc a manner that they can be easily overlooked. I am confident that is not by accident.

The real truth is First Premier Bank has been royally ripping off people around this country for a long time and quite frankly making a mint at it. Yes, there are other credit card issurers but none with the quantity and quite as high in the outrageous fees. I have never had anything to do with First Premier never would want to.

It makes me sick the way they ripoff those who have the least. People that really don't have too much and are not good at discerning the real facts in an offer by First Premier. This outfit truly preys upon them like a snake in the grass attacking its next meal.

I have been very successful making people aware of First Premier's actions and I have many who get the offers and do just as I have suggested. rip them up and put them in the postage paid envelope from First Premier and say give them back their TRASH.

Since you are located in Sioux Falls I have a good idea you are employed with First Premier. If you are in no way connected with them I do apologize and you have my pat on the back and please stay clear of them. I am sure for South Dakota they are a great deal.

I mean after you have seen Mt Rushmore and surveyed some wheat fields what is there really great to do in South Dakota. That state I am sure is not hounded by new industry and business to come to the state. That is the very reason why First Premier exists in South Dakota they are give a card blanche as to rates. the interest rates an outfit like First Premier can charge is the "sky is the limit." Thats exactly why First Premier came to South Dakota and the state allows them to do as they please. hey they employ over 2000 folks in the state so don't rock the boat.

Another state extremely favorable to banks and allowing them to charge outlandish interest rates is Delaware. Thats why so many credit card issurers are either in South Dakota and they cluster around Sioux Falls or they are in Delaware and their Wilmington is the center hub.

Elizabeth First Premier makes a lot of $$$$ scamming poor unsuspecting folks with not a lot of money anyway and they stay just a tad above the law doing it and in South Dakota that above the law is a lot below the law in almost any other state in this union.

Again, if you have no affiliation with First Premier than my apology for attaching you to them BUT my congratulations you are not working for the #1 scam bank in the U.S. and that is a very good thing.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

The fine print

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - (U.S.A.)

Here's the deal, read the fine print. If you think it is a ripoff, then don't apply. Go immediately to your shredder and slice up the offer. I know reading all the fine print is no fun, but you have to do it. No one is forcing people to sign up for credit cards. If you signed the bottom line, or you applied online and then use a card, you are acknowledging you agree with their terms. You can always cancel the card. I agree that the terms of this particular credit card are "out there", but FirstPremier is not the only bank who does this kind of offer. Be an informed consumer, or else you have no one to blame but yourself.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Suggestion On How to Stop First Premier Bank Card from Ripping Off More People

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I could not agree with your comments more about First PREMIER... I call them and rightfully so a "scam" bank. They are the biggest rip off artists in the banking industry today that issue credit cards. Other companies like Chase, Citi, Bank of America, Charter Bank, etc. do not operate like First PREMIER with there under-the-table dealings and really ripping off folks who have the least anyway.

While I would NEVER do business with this scam bank I got thrust into their clutches because a person used my personal data collected from somewhere to apply for a credit card. Truth is First PREMIER does not verify the application material... oh they say they do... but they lie. Otherwise in my case we would not have had a home phone number in one area code and a home residence in another area code. I mean... really.... home phone number and home address were 65 miles apart. See what I mean they lie.... they do not verify application material any more than the moon is made of green cheese.

When you write them you will get some clown named Ms Julie Gilson. I am sure she is very talented in her communication skills... you would have to be... to try and make the goof-ups of this scam bank sound good to the customer. She tries her best to make you think like I said above the moon is made of green cheese. Fact is First PREMIER goof-ups time and time again and is ripping off customers who have the least in credit AND they get away with it in the State of South Dakota. The banking regulations are the most lax in the country in South Dakota and that is why banks like First PREMIER can operate there. Second to South Dakota is Delaware and you will notice all the payments for credit cards normally go an addresses in one or the other of these two states. I suppose South Dakota has to do that because in reality why would any corporation ever pick to headquarter in South Dakota... its certainly isn't the fine winter weather. Lord help me South Dakota has little to offer other than its wheat and allowing scam banks like First PREMIER to operate there.

Anyway, write the Attorney General in your home state. Generally they will help in you communicating to the Attorney General of South Dakota. But do write anyway to:

Larry Long

Department of Revenue & Regulation
Division of Banking
217 1/2 West Missouri Avenue
Pierre, South Dakota 57501-45

Let them know your thoughts about the solicitation that First PREMIER has sent you and what a scam you think it is.

I have done all the above and quite a few other sources. I have also had wonderful help from the US Congressman and I am going to Washington DC and speak to members of the House Banking Committee on how this scam bank of First PREMIER almost damaged my outstanding credit. Surprisingly, though many on the House Banking Committee already have a file full of scam operations of First PREMIER. Everyone I have spoken with via phone... says oh I know First PREMIER there reputation is... well pretty low in the banking industry.

I have done a lot of investigation on First PREMIER Bank after my much unwanted association with them. The stories and statements you hear about them are scary....this bank is a real negative to the banking industry in this country. We as citizens can make a difference if we stay on them and that I clearly intend to do.

Good luck !!!