Complaint Review: First Premier Bank

• Updated: Fri, January 11, 2013

• Reported By: djaz — Hampstead New Hampshire United States of America
First Premier Bank

First Premier Bank Premier Bank Do Not Apply For First Premier Card Internet

As of this writing I just cancelled my First Premier Card - actually, I "rejected" the card before paying their exorbitant first annual fee of $175. The subsequent annual fees are $49 PLUS approx $15/mo maintenance fee.

Had I known this fee and the ensuing maintenance fees were so high, I would not have applied. I had no idea this card was structured to "rebuild" "build" credit.

The "specialist" I spoke with to cancel attempted to bully me into keeping it by warning me that "now" the account is open (even though their mailing said I could reject the offer) and that the credit bureau will be told the account was closed immediately.

I still declined and she said she'd close the account today - 1/11/2012.

Please pass this on to anyone who actually may be struggling and need a card. Perhaps, there are other less expensive deposit type options they can use.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2013 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Premier-Bank/internet/First-Premier-Bank-Premier-Bank-Do-Not-Apply-For-First-Premier-Card-Internet-995293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Premier Bank