Complaint Review: First Premier Bank

• Submitted: Sun, January 05, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, January 05, 2003

• Reported By:Shreveport Louisiana
First Premier Bank
Sioux Falls Nationwide U.S.A.

First Premier Bank First Premier ripoff Fees Sioux Falls Nationwide

About a year ago I applied for aFirst Premier Card not knowing all the fees assciated with it. In the near future I was sent two First Premier cards.(note I only applied for one). Shortly after receiving them I noticed that the limits on bothcards was 250 dollars which is shallow in the first place. But they had put 200 dollars worth of fees on both accounts. I didnt think it was fair but was willing to work with them.

I started to pay off the fees making a 25 dollar a month payment on both cards. Every month 12 dollars was going to a monthly fee and 25 dollars a mont was going to a late payment fees only being one or two days late. Therefore not only was my payments not going anywhere but they were actually adding to my balance every month and that doesnt even include purchases I put on the card. I called them to cancel the card and they said they were willing to credit both accounts 82.00 each to offset the yearly fees. But I would have still had the monthly fees which equal 82 dollars a year per card which is a yearly fee on its own. So I went ahead and closed the accounts. I am used to paying the majority of my bills either by phone or on the net I went on the net t pay one of mybills but found out that to make a payment online they had a 8 dollar fee for that.

I called them to make a payment and found out that there was a 6 dollar fee to make a payment on th phone. After I closed the accounts I had over the limit fees because of the late payments fees and monthly fees. There are so many fees associated with this card it is pathetic. Since I have closed the account about 3 months ago have made 50 dollar payments on both accounts every month and still have 400 on each card to go. It seems that each time I make a payment They just tack it on with new fees. Its anever ending battle unless you take out the cards with one payment. Not to mention the 22% interest. Biggest rip off in credit card history to me.....

Shreveport, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2003 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Premier-Bank/nationwide/First-Premier-Bank-First-Premier-ripoff-Fees-Sioux-Falls-Nationwide-40171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Premier Bank