Complaint Review: First Premier

• Reported By: Mike — Tempe Arizona United States of America
First Premier
3820 N. Louise Ave., Internet United States of America

First Premier Premier Bank Card Unauthorized charges, Internet

*Consumer Comment: they are a rip off

*Author of original report: Why?

*Consumer Comment: Why?

I did not use a First Premier Bank card and I certainly did not agree to their contract.  I expressed interest, at one point when a representative from their company contacted me but I didn't elect to go with their credit card as it seemed fishy, yet a card showed up in the mail anyway. I did not use it and contacted them right away, after searching forever for a phone number,to fix the situation and cancel the card. It was pointless as the representative at First Premier actually tried to intimidate me into discontinuing the phone call arguing I charged 50 dollars upon accepting their offer which had now magically turned into 460 dollars.

He threatened that if I didn't pay the ridiculous fee's, 460 dollars on a card I didn't use, that he would personally make sure it got reported to all three credit agencies, because that's professional.  First Premier committed fraud against my social security number by opening a credit card that I did not elect to accept, in my name. Don't deal with these people, you can't understand their Dakota accent on the phone to make any sense to them.  They reported it to all 3 credit reporting agencies as a charged off credit limit of 460 dollars.  I never accepted the card in the first place but the max limit was 50 dollars which I supposedly had to pay them upon accepting the card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2010 09:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Premier/internet/First-Premier-Premier-Bank-Card-Unauthorized-charges-Internet-639594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Premier

they are a rip off

AUTHOR: Steph - (USA)

I used to have a card with them and got rid of it. I told them I nolonger wanted it .the monthly fees and the interest are a total rip off. I will never get a credit card from this bank again

Why?

AUTHOR: mvpdub - (United States of America)

Because, initially, I did give them my information.  Then the card arrived and I decided I didn't want it because it was a joke and I tried to cancel it online, first, which I prefer but there wasn't a way to do so and of course I couldn't find the right phone number for the department to contact on their site and when I finally did, they were closed.  I did talk to them at one point to try and cancel the card but as I mentioned, the representative was a complete jerk and the conversation was not going to result in the card being canceled as he made it clear and then threatened my credit report.  So, just like they hoped, I did nothing about it.  Eventually they charged it off and turned a $50 dollar initial fee for the card, that they charged me, mind you, and deducted from my Chase bank account, then turned it into a $460 collection on my credit report.  After looking back at the records, as this was quite a while ago, I realize I applied for the card, however I didn't realize the caliber of company First Premier was and decided I didn't want the card anymore, they refused to help rectify the situation, they could have had me pay a fee to cancel it and been done with it.  Instead the guy on the phone was rude, got me worked up, which resulted in the conversation ending without resolution to the account.  They do that sort of thing purposely, I believe, one more collection account, one more attempt at free money. I never thought about this site, or BBB, or attorney general until I found it on my credit report, or I would have filed complaints long ago.

Why?

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Why did you give them your SS#?