Complaint Review: First Regional Bank / Trust Administration Services Of Carlsbad, CA

• Submitted: Mon, November 03, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, April 22, 2009

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
First Regional Bank / Trust Administration Services Of Carlsbad, CA
5950 La Place Court, Suite 160, Carlsbad, California U.S.A.

First Regional Bank / Trust Administration Services Exhorbitant Fees + Terrible Service = any competitor, a far better choice than TASC! Carlsbad California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Satisfied customer of First Regional Bank

*Consumer Comment: Rob Campbell of TASC (First Regional Bank) is the EXAMPLE of what customer service should be

Again, pretty straightforward:

Trust Administration Services Co. (a subsidiary of First Regional Bank of Carlsbad, CA) is a self-directed IRA custodian which (like its peer group; Pensco, Entrust, Equity Trust Co., Guidant etc.) charges IRA customers fairly exhorbitant fees, in exchange for the ability to deploy one's IRA monies into a diverse group of asset classes (compared to most bank/brokerage firm IRA custodians); real estate, LLCs, limited partnerships, etc. No quarrel there....

BUT....one month after paying hundreds of dollars in such fees for both 1) their annual "asset management fee" (that is, I'd paid 11 months of such fees, in advance), and 2) their $100 "account termination fee", they cut the rollover check to the wrong financial institution, and I simply asked them (upon their receipt of the un-cashed, returned check) to re-cut it to the proper institution.

"Sure...", said Rob Campbell, their V.P. and Customer Service Supervisor; "...just as soon as you pay another $75 fee" !!!! I reminded Rob that I'd just paid several hundred dollars in such fees (most banks charge NOTHING to hold a custodial IRA, of course), including a year in advance, and he replied (something to the effect of), "thats water under the bridge, Mr. X...you want us to do something else for you, now...."

Yeah, re-cut a check, Rob, to correct your (TASC's) own clerical error....

These guys (as represented by Rob Campbell) are an unprofessional, unethical bunch of scumbags, and I will never do business with them again. I encourage everyone to check out their competitors, who can certainly be no worse than these losers.

Firstregionalbank (of SD, CA) sucks!
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2008 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Regional-Bank-Trust-Administration-Services-Of-Carlsbad-CA/Carlsbad-California-92008/First-Regional-Bank-Trust-Administration-Services-Exhorbitant-Fees-Terrible-Service--387614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Regional Bank / Trust Administration Services Of Carlsbad, CA

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Satisfied customer of First Regional Bank

AUTHOR: Mjw - (U.S.A.)

I have been a satisfied customer of First Regional Bank for some years and have never had problems of any kind. I have found Rob Campbell to be very helpful to me in my business activities.

MJW

AUTHOR: Wendy - (U.S.A.)

My name is Wendy and I do not work for First Regional Bank (TASC) but I do work with Rob Campbell through our business wherein we have private investors who fund investments with their IRA/Custodial accounts.

I contact Rob Campbell many many times a month whether through telephone calls or emails. If Rob is unavailble and I get his voicemail system, he calls me back as soon as he can or emails me right away. He has even made sure to return my call before he leaves for the day if he has not had a chance to call back earlier.

Rob is always cheerful and helpful. Rob bends over backwards to help his clients and my company to get what they/I need as quickly as he can and Rob never is disrespectful or dismissive as the report indicates. Rob Campbell is the epitome of Customer Service!!!!

It is incredibly horrifying how someone can make a report on this website and write completely untrue things about people and companies! This is very misleading!!!!
Every company has fees, it is the cost of doing business...businesses are in the business to make money and yes even if the mistake was made, people do make mistakes. If TASC made a mistake, I KNOW for a fact it would be fixed.

Feel free to contact me at (((Redacted))) re: Rob Campbell's/TASC's integrity.