Complaint Review: First Response Restoration

• Updated: Sun, February 24, 2013

• Reported By: homeowner2012 — Minneapolis Minnesota United States of America
First Response Restoration
Big Lake, MN Minneapolis area, Minnesota United States of America

First Response Restoration Jeff Rudek, All Star Restoration Contractor, water damage, fire damage, home restoration Minneapolis area, Minnesota

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Not a Rip off

Jeff Rudek is a huge scam artist.  He was referred to us from a plumber that worked with Dean's Plumbing.  He came into our house and told us our entire ceiling was about to collapse due to water damage.  We totally panicked and scheduled him to come in 24 hrs. later and rip out our entire first floor ceiling!  I happened to Google him and came up with all of these awful reports.  Since I read those I had two more contractors come look at my ceiling, and it turned out there was very minimal moisture, and all I needed was to add insulation in an area of my kitchen ceiling.  Nothing had to be torn down, and the sheetrock was in great shape.  He was all set up to lie to my insurance company to get the money, meanwhile leaving me and my family homeless while they unnecessarily ripped apart our house.  When we called and canceled, he tried to get us to reconsider for several days of near harassing phone calls.  I am just now getting to this report (1 week later) and I notice his "business" website is no longer listed.  He is now under All Pro Restoration as a part of Big Lake, MN.  I am sure it will be only a matter of months before he is on the move again.  He also has issues in Indiana, Washington and Arizona.  Stay away!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2013 06:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Response-Restoration/Minneapolis-area-Minnesota-/First-Response-Restoration-Jeff-Rudek-All-Star-Restoration-Contractor-water-damage-fire-1008822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Response Restoration

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Not a Rip off

AUTHOR: Jeff Rudek - (United States of America)

This incident never happened, it is a lie.It sounds like something that is from my ex-partner who I had to part ways with due to his laziness. He has now started his own restoration company in the same area. Anyone can manufacture a complaint against anyone else and post it. I had a successful business for ten years in Arizona,with only two complaints in ten years of business. In Arizona I had to fire an employee, and I could have been more tactful, but needless to say he was a very disgruntled employee. In Washington I tried it help a recovering drug addict, but he couldn't stay clean so I had to let him go. He was very angry at me also. I have been in business for eighteen years with a few anonymous complaints.

Jeff Rudek