Complaint Review: First Serve Realty

• Updated: Tue, October 08, 2013

• Reported By: Stacey — Nevada
First Serve Realty
7936 W Sahara Ave Las Vegas, NV 89117 las vegas, Nevada USA

First Serve Realty Faydra Kyle Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 ,Fair Housing Act, as amended, prohibits discrimination in the sale, rental, and financing of dwellings, and in other housing-related transactions, based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status ,including children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal custodians, pregnant women, and people securing custody of children under the age of 18, and disability. las vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Did I miss a Flag?

On or about September 30, 2013, I contacted First Serve Realty namely Faydra Kyle (Broker) regarding a rental property on La Calera Ave. in North Las Vegas, Aliante Community. I had to call several times, left messages to contact me in regards to scheduling to see the property.  A few days later Faydra returned my call, her demeanor was abrupt and arrogant. She told me that the property had "two strong applicants" and "they were in the process of processing the applicant" therefore she wouldn't schedule to show the property. I told her that I am interested in the property and would keep an eye on the still "active listings."

A few days later I followed up on the property and was told that the rental of the intended tenant didn't go through do to the shut down of the government. In the process perspective tenant #2 was lost. I scheduled with Faydra to see the property on October 6th (Sunday) at noon.

On October 6th, just a half hour before the scheduled appointment I received a call from the Broker (Faydra). She told me that her "assistant" would be showing me the property, "she is a nice girl and very knowledgeable about the property" and that I could ask her any questions. A flag went up, needless to say.

Noon arrived and so did the assistant whose name is Noreen. I don't know her last name because she didn't have a business card available (flag), nor did she show any real estate identification of any sort (flag). I introduced myself and my son to Noreen who didn't arrive alone. Her 23 year old daughter jumped out of their vehicle, and the explanation by Noreen began with something like "oh this is my daughter, we have something to do today. (flag) Faydra asked me to show you the home.

I immediately asked Noreen if she was a licensed realtor? "Yes." "I don't have any  business cards because I've only been working with Faydra for a few months." (Blank stare). Noreen unlocked and entered the property closing the door behind to shut off the alarm. My son and I felt uncomfortable standing outside of the property with Noreen's daughter who wasn't a realtor, but escorted her mom to show the property (flag).

As we entered the dwelling behind Noreen's daughter who insisted on going in first, the daughter stated..."My mom told me that this was a 6 bedroom home with a pool and I wanted to come with her to see it." I asked was she interested in renting the property "no."  The young lady in the presence of her mother began asking me questions "why do you need a 6 bedroom home? Do you have a lot of kids? (flag, flag, flag). Noreen didn't say a word to her daughter who was out of place in being there to start.

Anyway, the property was not cleaned, the sinks, microwave, appliance bathrooms were dirty,there was poop left in one of the toilets, dog hair on the kitchen floor, dead plants around the property,missing paint and paint touch ups that didn't match on the walls. I believe there were 7 colors that could be seen in any given area....let me see royal blue, green, white, burnt orange and yellow, light blue and grey I think....it looked like a kaledioscope. The carpets weren't cleaned either, and of course realtors and property managers will say the proverbial 'It will be cleaned before you move in." Yet they list the property as "ready for move in." They wanted a $300 cleaning "fee".

Anyway, I negotiated with them to repaint the home, restore the landscape, and have the home properly cleaned with equipment and supplies that I agreed to buy, can't imagine a toilet brush going from one home to another and previously used mops and cleaning cloths and buckets. I wasn't given an application nor Duties owed. We waited through the weekend and early part of the following week. My phone calls were not returned by Noreen, nor did she call me to give update. Today, I finally spoke to Faydra who again was arrogant, evasive and controlling. She made statements that she hadn't followed up with Noreen. Then she contradicted herself a few seconds later as she referred to me as "you're the one who wanted the owner to repaint the house, and to have it recleaned, and all that stuff." She said, "I don't even know who you are. I only talked to you once." ????? Oh we took an application on the house on Monday and we are going with that-hung up." This was almost the same speech that I got from the beginning. There was more conversation, but for the sake of posting....believe me, they do not want to rent the house to people of the protected class which is a violation. So as I googled these folks, I saw another posting and ensued to write my own. I will be going through the proper channel of filings.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2013 04:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Serve-Realty/las-vegas-Nevada-89117/First-Serve-Realty-Faydra-Kyle-Title-VIII-of-the-Civil-Rights-Act-of-1968-Fair-Housing-A-1090487. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Serve Realty

Did I miss a Flag?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

I guess I missed(flag) any mention of how(flag) they didn't want to rent to you(flag) because you are a member(flag) of some unknown(flag) protected class.

All I see is that you say(flag) that whe was abrupt and arrogant(flag) when you first called.  So not sure (flag) unless you left your life story(flag) on the voice mail that she knew you were a (flag) member of a (flag) protected class.

Then we get to them showing the (flag) house.  I guess somehow because she brought her daughter to work(flag) that somehow that is discrimination as well?

Now as for the possible reason you actually didn't get the house(flag).  You basically wanted them to repaint the house, redo the landscape, have the home "properly" cleaned and who knows what else that you didn't mention.  They then come back and say they have another offer..well perhaps the other offer didn't put all of the same conditions on the rental(flag,flag,flag,flag,flag).