Complaint Review: First Source Advantage LLC

• Submitted: Wed, August 06, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 06, 2008

• Reported By:Belmont North Carolina
First Source Advantage LLC
PO Box 628 Buffalo, New York U.S.A.

First Source Advantage LLC First Source Advantage LLC - Received a call a about a an account with my information that is not my account ,but has my real information Buffalo New York

I recieved a call from First Source Advantage LLC about an account with Banana Republic where I owed $270 from ordering through a Banana Republic catalogue.

First of all, I do have an account with Banana republic but I have all my payments on time and have no past dues.

I have been recieving bills from Banana Republic with an account number that is not mine. It has my addres and name.When I called them they told me the social security number they had for that accont was not the same as mine, neither the date of birth. They told me not to worry and that it could not affect me because it had information that is not mine (different SSN and date of birth).

After that I recieved calls from diferent collection agencies regarding that account where I had to explain them at that was ot my account, they would ask me for the last 4 digits of my social security number and it did not match with what they had. After I proved them it was not me, they apologized and hunged up.

Today, I recieved a call from First Source Advantage regarding this account. I thought it was going to be just like the previous collections agencies, but this time the social securit number and date of brth actually matched. Which means they can really hurt my credit.

Plus they called me at my office, other collection companies called me on my cell phone.

I called Banana Republic and they told me I had no such account with them and that they would leave a note on my account regarding my problem. I am sure this is not going to solve anything. The only thing that is going to happen is that my credit is going to be hurt and I'm going to end up paying for this stupid scam!! Please help me!.

Luis
Belmont, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2008 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Source-Advantage-LLC/Buffalo-New-York-14240/First-Source-Advantage-LLC-First-Source-Advantage-LLC-Received-a-call-a-about-a-an-accou-359929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Source Advantage LLC