Complaint Review: First State Couriers

• Updated: Sun, March 13, 2011

• Reported By: TheCure — Quakertown Pennsylvania USA
First State Couriers
P.O. Box 7952, Newark, Delaware United States of America

First State Couriers George Shea First State Couriers/George Shea Won't Pay! Newark, Delaware

If anybody out there has been looking for work as a Courier? Stay away from George Shea, the owner of First State Couriers. He got in contact with me about 5 weeks ago to do some delivery work for him. Fed me a line about how it was one man work and I'd be getting $40 a delivery. I said ok. Found out very quickly that the job required 2 people. So I'm stuck out there by myself. I get throught the first day with a couple of stops.

I have two more days to go with a ton of stops, so I find a helper. Now that's going to cost me money. But I figure I'll still make a couple of bucks and help George out. Anyway, the short of it is, the job cost me at least 2 hundred bucks in gas, tolls and paying the helper. It's 5 weeks out and still no money. I e-mail him, I call him and he gets mad at me. So now I gotta track him down. Such the pain in the butt, but I'm not going to leave that money behind.

Anyway, if you hear from this crook, just slam the phone in his ear.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2011 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-State-Couriers/Newark-Delaware-19714/First-State-Couriers-George-Shea-First-State-CouriersGeorge-Shea-Wont-Pay-Newark-Delaw-705440. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First State Couriers