Complaint Review: First Trust Financial, J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, N.A.

• Submitted: Mon, March 17, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, March 21, 2008

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
First Trust Financial, J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, N.A.
12190 North Mopac Austin, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

First Trust Financial, J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. My minor daughter eceived letter (no return address) stating she had won 150k 'Second Category' lottery drawing supposedly held on February 15th 2008. Austin Texas

*Consumer Comment: Um

My minor daughter received a letter (no return address) stating she had won a 150k drawing for the "2008 POWER PLAY STAKE". Drawing was supposedly held on February 15th 2008. The letter stated that the company had made "many unsuccessful attempts" to contact her.

The letter had claim # info. and stated that an entry slip with a serial # was attached to my daughter's name and drew lucky numbers. The letter also stated she was entitled to $150,000 payable to me by certified check or money order.

She was advised to contact her assigned claims agent Rob Williams @604-825-7701 for further instructions how to claim her big prize. No days or hours of operation were given.

Enclosed was a check for $4900.00. The check bears a signature that looks like "J. King Sim" It is drawn on First Trust Financial, 12190 North Mopac, Austin, TX. A second bank name, less prominently featured, on the check, is JP Morgan Chase Bank N.A. at 7600 Burnet Drive, Austin, TX. The check number is 2769, and it is dated 3/6/2008. The check is supposed to be used to pay for "Certificate of clearance and Insurance" by Moneygram International Wire Transfer; and she was directed not to use the check until speaking with the assigned claims agent.

I googled both "First Trust Financial" and "JP Morgan Chase Bank NA. There is no internet record of any First Trust Financial in Austin. I did discover the existence of a business called "Austin Texas Car and Auto Service Maintenance and Repair" located at the 12190 North Mopac address. Given the nature of the letter, I suspect that the legitimate business that actually exists at the 12190 North Mopac address is unaware that the address is being used for the purpose of the letter my daughter received.

I also find no record of any JP Morgan Chase Bank, or any bank at all, located at 7600 Burnet Road in Austin. From what I can tell, 7600 Burnet Road appears to be a strip mall housing medical offices and a few small shops. I am aware that JP Morgan Chase Bank is a reputable investment bank and suspect that their name may also have been borrowed without their permission or knowledge by those who sent my daughter this letter.

I note that several other reports filed with this website have cited suspicious mailings with similar features to the one my daughter received coming from the same 12190 North Mopac address (but using different business names), and featuring a JP Morgan Chase bank supposedly at 7600 Burnet Road in Austin.

Dennett
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2008 03:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Trust-Financial-JP-Morgan-Chase-Bank-NA/Austin-Texas-78758/First-Trust-Financial-JP-Morgan-Chase-Bank-NA-My-minor-daughter-eceived-letter-no-r-318748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Trust Financial, J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, N.A.

Um

AUTHOR: Whut? - (U.S.A.)

You hear about these scams every day of the week, why would you take this seriously?

Throw the stuff away and stop dwelling on it!

I get emails every week telling me I have won the South African lottery due to my ancestory I am a winner...I am native american and Irish!