• Report: #192532

• Submitted: Sun, May 21, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, May 21, 2006

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
First USA Financial
2643 Gulf To Bay Blvd. Ste. 1560-421 Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

First USA Financial money taken from my bank account Ripoff Clearwater Florida

It happened pretty much the way the other reporters said it did. I was called on the telephone by a man with an Indian accent. He told me I was pre-approved for a card with a $5,000 credit limit, and he needed my bank account number to do a check-by-phone for the processing charge fo $69.95 "and not a penny more". The $69.95 was taken from my account as expected, but nothing came in the mail for nearly a month.

One month later, approximately the 1st day of May, an additional $299.95 was taken from my account. I called the number on the bank statement and after a long wait, talked to a woman. I demanded to know what the additional money was for, and she said it was to pay for a "Lifetime Membership". I was not told about this Lifetime Membership by the Indian caller earlier, and I received no mail telling me about it. The customer service rep gave me an email address, which I used to write to the company to demand my money back. They have not returned my money.

George
Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2006 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-USA-Financial/Clearwater-Florida-33759/First-USA-Financial-money-taken-from-my-bank-account-Ripoff-Clearwater-Florida-192532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First USA Financial