Complaint Review: First USA Financial

• Submitted: Sat, April 15, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, April 16, 2006

• Reported By:Wiggins Mississippi
First USA Financial
1900 Howell Branch Road Ste:4-7 Winter Park, Florida U.S.A.

First USA Financial ripoff, Fradulant, Unathorized Withdrawls, Winter Park Florida *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Consumer Suggestion: close your bank account NOW!

*Author of original report: Additional Address for First USA Finiancial

I recieved a phone call on my cell phone from what sounded like an East Indian male who told me that I had been approved for the $5,000 Federal Grant that I had appiled for. I don't remember what the guy's name was but it was something like Jim or James. He told me that I would be recieving the money in 2 business days. I at first thought it was legit because I had filled out multiple grant applications to help to pay for my college. He had me spell out my full name and address.

He stated that they would need to get my account information to deposit the money. I told him that I did not want to give hime my info because I did not want any money taken out of my account. He told me that they would not take any out it was for security purposes to make suer that they had the correct person and that I had an account for the money to go into.

He then told me that he would transfer me to the valadation department. There I got a woman who said that there was a charge of $69.95 for processing the money. I told her that NOT to take any money out of my account. I told her that I could not afford to have any money taken out of my account. She told me not to woory that they would just take the money out of the Grant.

I told her again not to take anything out of my account. She said that they wouldn't and that she was going to set up the valadation and call me back on the valadation line. (#800-999-9999)She called back and said that I would need to say yes to all the questions so that it would make her job easier and that they would not take the money out of my account. She asked me what I would be using the grant for and was that going back to school was a good thing.

She stayed on the line during the valadation and I could not hear all of what the "auto"lady was saying. The human lady interrupted the valadation to tell me to make sure that I agree to everything. I said again NOT to take anything out of my account. When the "auto" lady was done I could not hear the Human lady real well and told her again the THEY DID NOT HAVE AUTHORIZATION TO TAKE ANYTHING OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. I told her I did not hear the customer service number given by the "auto"lady and asled her for it. She dissconnected the call. This was on March 9.

On March 16 I noticed a charge to my account for $69.95. I went to my bank to get a copy of the online check to hget the customer service number off of it. I called them and told them that they were to put the money back in my account 1. Beacuse they were not authorized to take any out and 2. I had not recieved any grant or information about one. The lady I spoke with told me that she knew nothing of a grant and that the money was for a membership to a website set up to help people with no/bad credit improve their credit.

I told her to refund my money b/c her two previous associates LIED to me and that is FRAUD. She told me that the money was non-rerfundable. I told her yes it was b/c it was obtained through fraudelent information. She kept trying to tell me that it was not refundable. I told her to let me speak with her supervisor. She told me he was busy and would call me back. I never recieved a call back.

I calleld again and the guy that I got hung up on me so I called back again. This time I got a girl that told me that I should be recieving an information packet in the mail by the following monday and to wait until then to see if I wanted the service and if not to call back and they would refund my money. She told me that the membership was good for one year and that after the year that I could continue for $299.95.

I told her that I did not want the service and that they were not to touch my account again. She informed that they wouldnot take any more money out of my account and that to call back monday if I do not recieve that package for a refund. I have since not been able to get ahold of them and this was on March 16.

On April 14 they took out $299.95 out of my account which put me in an overdraft. i have tried to stop the payment on this but am not sure if it will go through b/c my bank is closed on Saturdays. I will be contacting my bank on monday morning o hopefully stop this transaction. I will recontact this company and demand that they pay back all money they have taken from me along with all overdraft charges.

The two numbers that I have for them is:
1-800-825-7357
1-800-510-0992

THE CALLERS ARE BOTH MEN AND WOMEN WITH FOREIGN ACCENTS. dON'T LET THEM SCREW YOU LIKE THEY HAVE DONE ME AND OTHER PEOPLE.

Alletha
Wiggins, Mississippi
EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF REPORT SUGGESTS YOU DO:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson - Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com
EDitor@RipoffReport.com
badbusinessbureau.com
www.ripoffreport.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2006 08:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-USA-Financial/Winter-Park-Florida-32792/First-USA-Financial-ripoff-Fradulant-Unathorized-Withdrawls-Winter-Park-Florida-EDitor-186751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First USA Financial

#1 Consumer Suggestion

close your bank account NOW!

AUTHOR: Paige - (U.S.A.)

Hi! This is Paige from Albuquerque, NM. Hopefully you read my RipOffReport on First USA Financial... I just wanted to tell you to close your bank account NOW! That is the only way to stop them from charging you. As soon as they took the $69.95 from me, I had my bank take it back from them and then I immediately closed the account because I knew (from reading other Reports) that the $299 charge would be next. Just go to your bank and fill out the fraud paperwork, close your account, and then contact the FBI! I am no longer bothered by this company whatsoever... but I still crank-call them every now and again just for fun! Good luck!!

Additional Address for First USA Finiancial

AUTHOR: Alletha - (U.S.A.)

I just recieved a letter (April 15) from First usa Financial giving a web site address of www.firstusafinancial.com and a username and password. When you go tothe site you have to enter the username and password in order to access any part of the site (i.e. contact us, about the company, etc.)