Complaint Review: First Western Bank

• Submitted: Thu, December 18, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 18, 2008

• Reported By:Sturgis South Dakota
First Western Bank
1200 Main St Sturgis, South Dakota U.S.A.
  • Phone: 605-347 2562
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

First Western Bank, First Western Bank blatantly lies trying to cover themselves! Sturgis South Dakota

I called First Western Bank who had issued my Visa debit card about a charge back (the purchase was never sent & I could not get the seller to refund the money.)

The teller said that since it was a debit card, I couldn't do a charge back. I knew that was false. She kept saying that that was the difference between a credit card and a debit card & that's why people should use a credit cards online, not a debit card.

I said, "That's not true. I can fill out papers with your bank and you can file them as a fraudulent charge."

She said, "Oh well, if you will fill out papers...."

I told her that she shouldn't have said they CAN'T do it - if I had just said, Oh, ok, I would have been SOL.

The bank paid me back. If you have to file a charge back on a debit card, be sure to let the teller know that you KNOW they have to let you file this. It's the law - it does NOT matter that it is a debit card!

Brenda
Sturgis, South Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2008 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Western-Bank/Sturgis-South-Dakota-57785/First-Western-Bank-First-Western-Bank-blatantly-lies-trying-to-cover-themselves-Sturgis-402861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Western Bank