Complaint Review: First american Home Buyers Protection

• Updated: Wed, December 28, 2011

• Reported By: Robert T — Irving Texas United States of America
First american Home Buyers Protection

First american Home Buyers Protection waste of time and money Internet

This company makes a profit by stalling and refusing to repair anything.  I had three bad scenarios and I'll explain them below.

I had four air-conditioner claims in two years.  It was obvious that the air-conditioner needed to be replaced, but they kept rigging it to last a few more months.  Each incident resulted in weeks without air-conditioning.

I filed three appliance claims and they were all denied.  Of course it took over a month for me to find out.  All the while, I'm without appliances and long enough to bill me for another month.

The worst incident of all was a busted pipe.  I had four different contractors come out to look at my pipe.  They all refused the job because it was an old type of pipe that they do not work on.  Of course they all wanted to bill me for their service call.  It makes sense for one contractor but it makes no sense to keep sending out contractors without first verifying that they can do this particular work.  After two months, the sent me a letter to find my own contractor.  The outside contractor has to get payment approval from the home warrany company before performing the work.  As you can probably guess, contractors were not lined up to do this.  I found one contractor willing to jump through the hoops, but he gave up after multiple attempts to call the home warranty company.  The end result was months with no water and having to pay a contractor out of my own pocket.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2011 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-american-Home-Buyers-Protection/internet/First-american-Home-Buyers-Protection-waste-of-time-and-money-Internet-814873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First american Home Buyers Protection