Complaint Review: First national Bank of Lansing, IL

• Updated: Mon, September 27, 2010

• Reported By: KNS75 — Lansing Illinois USA
First national Bank of Lansing, IL
3256 Ridge Road Lansing, Illinois United States of America

First national Bank of Lansing, Illinois First National Bank Civil Rights Violated, Poor Customer Service, Prejudice business practices! Lansing , Illinois

*Consumer Comment: I agree..

*Consumer Comment: A year?

*Consumer Comment: Agreed... leave this bank immediately!

*Consumer Comment: SOUNDS LIKE THERE IS A SCAM GOING ON

Went in to open a basic checking account. Signed up the same day, spoke to gentleman who explained the details of the account, when I should receive my atm card which is standard when openning a new account, etc.. I was given my account number, told that I will receive my atm card 7/14 days. A month went by, no atm card. I received a bank statement with a different account number, the information was correct but the account number was changed. I went back to the bank asked the young lady at the reception desk. She couldn't give me an answer. She was rude. I asked her for the bank manager, (Mr. Rock), it was halloween of last year. I was told to go to downstairs to the vault area, Mr. Rock appeared dressed in custume. Everyone appeared in a R.I.P. custume, the humor bypass me, do to the seriousness of the situation. Money! I don't have much, but a missing atm card is serious. He looked up my account and insulted me by asking me strange question not pretaining to my account. He then asked me, the same question over and over again, like when did I open the account, etc. He informed me that a hold was put on my account. I asked, why and was this a normal business practice of theirs, considering I held bank accounts before. He didn't answer me, by then he appeared nervous. He told me a card was not issued and it wouldn't be issued for 30 days, which is how long my account is on hold. Each time I went in the bank, I was given a different excuse, and told no temporary atm cards are issued. Each time, they pretended to check and see if a card had been put threw, then told me they had not processed it yet. I have been in the bank over a dozen times since then, still without an atm card. My concern is my identity had been stolen and it was the owner of the apartment building in which I lived. She has lived in the area for over 20 years and is well known, could she had stolen my card when it come in the mail? In other words, I have yet to receive my card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2010 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-national-Bank-of-Lansing-IL/Lansing-Illinois-60438/First-national-Bank-of-Lansing-Illinois-First-National-Bank-Civil-Rights-Violated-Poor-C-644628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First national Bank of Lansing, IL

I agree..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

Robert has a point..and Robert knows me well enough that I am no fan of the banks. However, before we believe this report, there are some unanswered questions.

My biggest question is was any money taken from the account? If not..the only issue is you have not received the card yet? You are claiming maybe the owner of the building you lived in took it. Did she use it? If so..how did she activate it? Why would you just not file a police report and claim with the bank... and cancel if it was stolen or used without authorization?

I guess I do not fully understand this report..can you clarify? Trust me if I find this bank did anything wrong I will jump to your side like white on rice. But so far it's not adding up.

A year?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Something seems very strange about this.  I could understand if this was over a month or two, but why would after a year the main concern that the OP seems to have is not getting the ATM card?  Where most people would have just closed out the account and moved on to another bank.

So here are some questions that the OP didn't give much detail on.

- Do you have access to your money, that is can you go into the bank and do a withdraw, or write a check?

- In that year has any of that money "disappeared" that you did not withdraw?

- What were these "excuses" that kept changing as to why they were not going to issue an ATM card?

- What were these questions that didn't pertain to the account?  Oh..by the way asking questions like when you opened the account..DOES pertain to it, and if they are trying to confirm your identity they may appear to ask the same question multiple times.

Agreed... leave this bank immediately!

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

Get your money out now and then find a smaller bank that offers better service. The bank can handle the exchange if necessary. You may wish to consider a Credit Union instead of a bank? I would also write your story down and edit it, then send it along (as a report) to this agency:

SOUNDS LIKE THERE IS A SCAM GOING ON

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

IT SOUNDS LIKE TO ME THAT MAYBE THIS BANK MIGHT NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO COVER ITS ASSETS AND THAT POSSIBLY A CROOKED EMPLOYEE MIGHT HAVE TAKEN YOUR CARD.

I THINK IT IS INTERESTING THAT THIS GUY TELLS YOU THAT YOUR ATM CARD WON'T BE ISSUED TO YOU BECAUSE THERE IS A HOLD ON YOUR ACCOUNT.

THIS IS WHY I DO NOT DO BUSINESS AT BANKS.

THERE IS ALWAYS SOME SORT OF CROOKED DRAMA GOING ON AND I DON'T LIKE CROOKS AND GAMBLERS AND THIEVES AND LIARS PLAYING GAMES WITH MY MONEY.

MAYBE YOU NEED TO TAKE YOUR MONEY OUT OF THERE.