Complaint Review: FirstGiving

• Updated: Sun, January 16, 2011

• Reported By: Wisconsumer — Kenosha Wisconsin Afghanistan
FirstGiving
333 Bryant Street, Suite 140 Internet United States of America

FirstGiving First Giving keeps funds from online transactions instead of going to the charity the customer intended. Internet

A friend was collecting donations for a local charity online. I clicked on the link to the friend's fundraising page which brought me to FirstGiving. Since the page displayed https in the address window, I trusted the site with my credit card information. I had some problems with the session at the site. Despite correspondence with FirstGiving, I did not receive acknowledgments of my donation and finally gave up. Since I never received acknowledgments from the intended charity, I assumed the transaction had completely failed. Yesterday, when I saw my credit card statement, I discovered that FirstGiving not only took the donation fee but the whole donation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2011 05:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FirstGiving/internet/FirstGiving-First-Giving-keeps-funds-from-online-transactions-instead-of-going-to-the-char-683188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FirstGiving