Complaint Review: Firstline Security

• Submitted: Fri, October 26, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, October 26, 2007

• Reported By:Concord California
Firstline Security
500 S. Geneva Road Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Firstline Security Misled then gave out Credit Card Information to Multiple Monitoring Services Orem Utah

I signed up with Firstline about a month and a half ago. The guy rushed me through everything and told me he was in a hurry to meet the other guys back at the "drop off point" in order to get back to his car. He was very polite and told me that he was working for GE brand and they used to be part of AT&T but had branched out because of difference of opinion in customer service. He stated they were just trying to get the GE brand name out there and people familiar with it. He asked to make me an "advertising home" in exchange I leave the sign up in the yard and speak well about the company to my neighbors. Again he was in a rush and kind of hurried me through signing all the contracts and when I said I needed to read everything he was so distraught about missing his ride that I caved in to his plea to read over everything after he had left. Of course this was my fault but again it was very rushed. So the guy shows up to do the installation a few days later. I was supposed to receive 6 sensors and a motion sensor. The guy tells me he is only authorized to install 5 sensors and no motion sensor. He calls the guy that sold me the system and he tells me "sorry that youre confused but I never said that". Well I might have been stupid for letting him rush me but I wrote down the list of items he promised on the back of the folder he gave me as he was listing them. He refused to argue the point and just hung up. The guy that did the install felt bad but he said there was nothing he could do. He spent about 20 minutes installing my entire system then left. The next day I had to re-glue 4 of the sensors that were installed because they fell off the day after they were installed. Well a month later my checking account has been charged a total of $229.80. A company called SAI Alarm Monitoring charged my account $44.95 twice (1 day apart) then a company called Counter Force USA charged my account 26 days later $44.95 twice (1 day apart) on top of Firstline charging me $50.00 on the same day. I didn't catch the first double charge but the second double charges on top of the Firstline charge really smacked me in the face. So I call Firstline and ask why 2 other companies are charging my account. The girl informs me that Counter Force is supposed to be my service provider and she will contact SAI and make sure they don't charge me again but that I will need to talk to SAI about getting credit back from the charges. So she transfers me to SAI and the guy there tells me I will need to send him my bank statements and they will try and "research it". So I call Firstline back and the girl there tells me they have done all they will do. So I ask to speak to a manager or supervisor. She informs me that there is no one else I can talk to about this. She stated her supervisor was to busy to deal with something she had already dealt with. I asked her how many other companies they had given my credit card information to and she pauses for a few moments and comes back with I believe it was only those 2. I had to call my bank and cancel my credit card in order to be sure that I would not be charged any more because when I asked her if I could be sure that no one else would be billing me she very huffily told me "I dont know". I have spent the last 2 days surfing the net for information on this company and frankly have found nothing but bad. The only good I have found has been from some of their "employees". But if you read blogs from some of their former employees you will see that its not the norm for this company to operate on the up and up.

Leigh
Concord, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2007 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firstline-Security/Orem-Utah-84058/Firstline-Security-Misled-then-gave-out-Credit-Card-Information-to-Multiple-Monitoring-Ser-281062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firstline Security