Complaint Review: Firstline Security

• Submitted: Fri, July 01, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, September 05, 2005

• Reported By:san marcos California
Firstline Security
1019 South Orem Blvd. Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Firstline Security Monitronics Anderson Crenshaw ripoff No State or City License to sell or operate or monitor in California or city BOTH require Licenses. Alarm emloye license and Alarm Comany license Used Fake to gain entrance to my home! Orem Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Same old story, Firstline no longer and simply refuses to work with Monitronics.

*Author of original report: It is in the state's hands now

*Author of original report: They ignore the FACT that the salesperson who came to my door used a FAKE LISENCE to gain entrance to my home!!

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Firstline Security

*Author of original report: So called "executive respnse team" NO help!!

*UPDATE Employee: Resolution to your complaint

2 years ago I had an alarm salesman come to my door giving away alarm systems so they could put a sign in my front lawn to "advertise" since they were new to the area. The man had a license to show us but seeing a number and the name of the company we did not investigate further untill NOW! 2 years later I try to pay off the 3 year contract but they refuse to negotiate with us to pay off the rest of the contract. We had not used the service and had actually only turned it on maybe 5 times for the 2 years we had it. We were moving and no longer needed the system nor did we want to hassle moving it 3 thousand miles since we have now retired and no longer reqire the system. So since they refused to let us out of the contract I stop paying. Then I find out that Monitronics had taken over the account after the 1st year. (Monitronics is not licensed in Ca or the city either!). So I find out that firstline turns us over to a collection agency by the name of Anderson Crenshaw ass. These people call and scream on my phone to the point where my very mild mannered husband hangs up on them. Then I call them back and try to work this out with them. I bring the account current since they told me that the company should work with me on the account to get it paid off. Then I still get notices from Monitronics and firstline wanting payment after I had brought the account current again. Both company's say they own the account. Neither would let me pay and get out from under this mess so my husband says to heck with them since we dont intend nor do we need to get any more loans or credit cards again. So they send me back to the credit agency. Again the very RUDE and childish behaviour. So I start checking License information on the service contract and the instalation contract along with thier booklet. There are NO license numbers anywhere. I went to the Department Of Consumer Affairs/Bureau of Security and Investigative Services and started checking the installers name the written names on the booklet they gave us and the company Firstline and Monitronics. I have filed a complaint with the state. Then I went to the City and found No licenses there so they are going after both company's for the past 3 years for operating in thier City. I canvased the neighborhood looking for others who have signed up with this company and other. NONE of the companies are licensed to do buisness in this county or city! I was told by the state that this makes the contract void and unenforcible. But of course when I called Anderson Crenshaw they screamed at me into the phone to "SHUTUP" and scramed at me that they didnt care and for me to pay anyway. I called the company Firstline and they laughed at me and told me to have a nice day! I do not understand how these people are getting away with this. The companys I looked up were ADT Brinks Protection One and more. There are 5 out of 4 homes in the area that have some sort of home security system. I offered to PAY this company for a contract not worth the paper it is written on! Can anyone out there in RIPOFF land help me with this!!
Thanks so much,

Joe
san marcos, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2005 12:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firstline-Security/Orem-Utah-84058/Firstline-Security-Monitronics-Anderson-Crenshaw-ripoff-No-State-or-City-License-to-sell-o-148162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firstline Security

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Sam - (U.S.A.)

After some digging. Firstline no longer and simply refuses to work with Monitronics.

It is in the state's hands now

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

Well folks, it is in the state of California's hands now since they are Gladly awaiting letters from the state! Unless of course they just refuse them as they do letters from attorneys!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

I cant say much here folks since I have been advised by my attorney NOT to speak to or respond to these people. But I will advise you all to check licensing in your state and city and county to make sure all the people who have entered your home have applied for a license and that they actually have one that matches thier drivers license. I will let you all know how this turns out. Should be interesting!

Response from Firstline Security

AUTHOR: Jane - (U.S.A.)

The agreement that is signed by any customer at Firstline Security is an agreement that is for 36 months. If a customer decides not to use the system or if they move they are still responsible for the entire 36 months. We do have options available for our customers in these situations- free training on how to use the system and a move program.

Once an account is sent to collections Firstline Security allows any account the option of paying a Reinstatement Fee. The Reinstatement Fee allows the customer to pay the past due amount plus the collections fee. If a customer chooses the Reinstatement Fee option they must have their account Reinstated. To be Reinstated the account is brought active again and the customer continues to pay their monthly rate.

Joe B. originally told Firstline Security that he wanted to cancel because he was moving to Ohio. They refused our offers and when we mentioned that we would send this account to collections we were told "good luck finding us to send to collections".

Mrs. Joe B. called in a few months later, after the account was in collections wanting to know why it was sent. At this time they had not moved to Ohio but still wanted to cancel. The reason they used now was because they did not use the system.

The customer is this situation refused any of our offers. Their account was past due and many attempts to contact them to resolve this issue were made. This customer was not paying their bill, so unfortunately they were sent to collections. The collections agencies job is to collect money that is past due and they do their job. An account in collections is not an easy situation and never pleasant for either party involved.

Joe B. paid the Reinstatement amount but did not want to continue with service nor pay off the remaining balance from the 36 month agreement that he signed. At this point the account was sent back to collections due to the refusal of payment.

Our license information is listed on all of our agreements (ACO-5704). We gladly await any letters from the state regarding our license because we have always been licensed in California for as long as we have done business there.

Firstline Security always attempts to work with our customers regardless of their situation. We record all of our phone calls to insure quality and after listening to our phone logs all it shows are our numerous attempts to resolve the issue and the customer's refusal to do so.

So called "executive respnse team" NO help!!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

Well I called the "executive response team" at Monitronics. "THEY" were so sorry to hear about my complaints and completely understood my outrage and frustration over the situation. BUT,...."THEY" didn't write the contract, "THEY" have no control over what the salesman or Firstline did..."THEY" DID BUY THE ACCOUNT.. "THEY" now KNOW the contract is invalid because the salesman was NOT licensed in the state or the city and neither were they when "THEY" were monitoring the system!! Look it up!! It is a LAW that if you are monitoring a system then you need to be licensed not only in the state but the CITY where YOU are doing business!! So now "THEY" can speak to "OUR" attorney!! "THEY" intend to do nothing for us to rectify the situation. As for Firstline, well "THEY" can also speak to our attorney. And then there is Anderson Crenshaw.. "THEY" so far have made 2 hard inquiry's into our almost perfect credit. The ONLY thing on our credit report is 2 late payments to Sears 3 years ago when I was in the hospital and recovering from surgery. Other than that we have a perfect 10 year history(that is a far back as they go).. 2 negative inquires from a collection agency will stay on our credit report for 2 years, I don't think that credit reporting agency's like things like that! I am not a happy camper here folks. I will let you all know what happens.

Resolution to your complaint

AUTHOR: Kimber - (U.S.A.)

Our goal is to provide the highest level of monitoring service to our customers. I am disappointed to learn that you have not experienced the service we strive to provide. Our intent is to resolve any issues you may have and to provide the service you expect. Please contact the Executive Response Department @ 800-447-9239 extension 2196.

Sincerely,