Complaint Review: Fischer Homes

• Updated: Mon, August 04, 2014

• Reported By: Paul — Zionsville Indiana
Fischer Homes
, Select State/Province USA

Fischer Homes Indianapolis Roof vent at the peak of the house blew off Zionsville Indiana

*Author of original report: I understand the warranty just find and fixed it myself.

*Consumer Comment: So?

My house is 3 years new and one of the roof vents came loose and blew off. Fischers told me my warranty is only for one year and refused to fix it. I can understand that but it would be a minor repair for them. They told me to contact my insurance company and my deductable is higher than the repair.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2014 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fischer-Homes/Select-StateProvince/Fischer-Homes-Indianapolis-Roof-vent-at-the-peak-of-the-house-blew-off-Zionsville-Indiana-1167176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fischer Homes

I understand the warranty just find and fixed it myself.

AUTHOR: Paul B - ()

I'm not cheap I just have higher expectations on a 1/2 million dollar home. Workmanship was sloppy. The model home is right behind my house. Maybe I can grab the ear of a few potential buyers and make them aware of the problems my neighbors have had. Buyers should probably consult with others in the neighborhood to see how satisfied they are.

So?

AUTHOR: Crucible - ()

" My house is 3 years new and one of the roof vents came loose and blew off. Fischers told me my warranty is only for one year and refused to fix it. "

What exactly don't you understand about how a warranty works?   A one year warranty means they are not obligated to fix anything after one year.    How is this a ripoff?

"  I can understand that but it would be a minor repair for them. "

Apparently, you are having trouble understanding.    The difficulty of the repair does not matter.  Your warranty was up two years ago.    Time to start acting like a responsible person and taking care of your own home repairs.   Trying to claim that others are a ripoff for not doing your repairs for free makes you look both cheap and irresponsible.