Complaint Review: Fitness 1

• Updated: Thu, February 20, 2014

• Reported By: TheINjustice — Surprise Arizona
Fitness 1
Surprise, Arizona USA

Fitness 1 Charge fees for a declined credit card. And they will do it over and over again.Surprise Arizona

BE Aware of this unethical business Practice: Fitness 1(and i assume many other gyms) will charge you late fees and a declined credit card fee if you have automatic withdrawls for monthy dues. My credit card company changed my credit card number for security reasons. I did not know this until i received the new card in the mail. So when the billing company for Fitness One, named ASA, billed my monthly dues, it was declined. They then charge me 70 dollars in fees!!!! This is a month to month contract. If they don't receive payment, Then they should just prevent you from using the gym!!!! Which they do because when i went in to use the gym, i was not allowed until i paid the $70(I got them to take off $15, so $55 was paid in fees)The monthly dues are only $15. Where do they get the nerve to charge me $55.

Here is the BEST part, not. The billing company for FITNESS 1, ASA, will keep charging a closed credit card account over and over and over, racking up the fees. If I didn't go into the gym for months and months to find out i needed a new payment method, I would have been charged $100's of dollars! Wouldn't the billing company get the message that a credit card account is closed and not keep charging it after the 1st time?

These fees have to be paid even if I decided to say "f**k You cancel my membership." Because they will ruin my credit and rack up more debt in penalties. I didn't realize I gave them my social security number in the contract. Why would they need that? Now I see why.

Next gym I join i am not giving them a social security number, Ill just say I am undocumented.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2014 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-1/Surprise-Arizona/Fitness-1-Charge-fees-for-a-declined-credit-card-And-they-will-do-it-over-and-over-again-1125154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness 1