Complaint Review: Fitness 19

• Reported By: davebu — Rolling Meadows Illinois United States of America
Fitness 19
189 South Randall Road Algonquin, Illinois United States of America

Fitness 19 Deceptive business practices Algonquin, Illinois

As with many others on here, and other sites like BBB Fitness 19 gave me the run-around when I tried to cancel my membership.  They first told me it was cancelled when I called in, then continued to charge me.  I called again to cancel and they said you have to come in to the gym you originally signed up at, which I could not.  Their response was "too bad".  I then cancelled my debit card so they could no longer charge me for it, then they started calling every day demanding their $15.  It was only then they informed me I could send them a letter stating that I wish to cancel my membership. They then said they wont cancel until I pay and demand that I pay immediately otherwise they will bill me for up to three months and charge me $10 for each month that it is late, then threatening to submit it to collections and report it against my credit.  Many of their practices are against the Fair Debt Collections Act.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2011 05:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-19/Algonquin-Illinois-60102/Fitness-19-Deceptive-business-practices-Algonquin-Illinois-815587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness 19