Complaint Review: Fitness 19

• Submitted: Thu, July 19, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 19, 2007

• Reported By:Meridian Idaho
Fitness 19
3210 E Chinden Blvd Eagle, Idaho U.S.A.

Fitness 19 Membership Cancelled Continued to Charge Account Wouldn't Refund Ripoff Eagle Idaho

I cancelled my membership in person on June 16th, and I was told that I could use the club for the remainder of the month, and I would not be billed further. I continued to get billed. When I called the club to notify them of the issue, they indicated I cancelled one day too late, so they have to bill me for another month.

Unfortunately, I was not told this at the time, so I discontinued using the club. If I knew I was locked into another 2 months, I would have continued going. Since I thought it was just one month, I signed up for another membership elsewhere.

I called the club to ask for help, and they refused to work with me. I mentioned to them what I was told, but they said there was nothing they could do. Frustrating that they write their contracts in such a way that consumers that are ready to stop using their service forced to pay for an additional month they are not using. This seems very deceitful to me, in addition to the fact that I was given wrong info on the day I cancelled.

Jeremy
Meridian, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2007 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-19/Eagle-Idaho-83616/Fitness-19-Membership-Cancelled-Continued-to-Charge-Account-Wouldnt-Refund-Ripoff-Eagle-261888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness 19