Complaint Review: Fitness 19

• Submitted: Thu, December 20, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, December 26, 2008

• Reported By:Murrieta California
Fitness 19
39022 Sky Canyon Drive Murrieta, California U.S.A.

Fitness 19 ripped me off Murrieta California

*Consumer Comment: Will never sign up

*Consumer Comment: First off..

I went in to cancel my membership at this gym and the manager told me that there were dues that needed to be paid before I could cancel. When I paid the dues he said "that I was all paid up until December 31, 2007" and I could cancel my membership up until the 31. I later checked my banking account to find out that I had 2 debits from Fitness 19.

When I called the gym they said that they couldn't help me because the bookkeeper wasn't in. When the bookkeeper called me back they said that they were bounce fees that they incurred for a credit card being declined. Since when do you get a bounce fee from a credit card. Then I went in to Cancel my membership and then they told me that even more dues were due at that time and if I didn't pay them to cancel the membership they would send me to collections and charge MORE FEES.

WHAT A RIPOFF.

Anonymous
Murrieta, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2007 11:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-19/Murrieta-California-92563/Fitness-19-ripped-me-off-Murrieta-California-293498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness 19

Will never sign up

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

Because of the first rebutal comment to this post, I will never sign up with this company. The comment his financial situation was completely uncalled for and most likely came from an angry employee of this company. Scumbags!

No money from me...

First off..

AUTHOR: Your Mom - (U.S.A.)

You my friend are oviously 18 yrs old and just got a credit card, or 100 yrs old and half retarded..because you oviously have no idea what a credit card decline is. life isnt that easy. when u spend all the money you have on a card, it exceeds (over drafts) lets not get dumb now. its just like any other bank card or bank account...big deal you were broke at one point, its not like fitness 19 is anywhere near as expensive LA or 24 hour fitness is.... so how about you just relax..be responsible and keep track of you own expenses and call it day :)