Complaint Review: Fitness 19

• Updated: Tue, May 13, 2014

• Reported By: Will — Shelby Township Michigan
Fitness 19
48915 Hayes Rd Shelby Township, MI 48315, Michigan USA

Fitness 19 Impossible to cancel membership - requires an act of God! Shelby Township, MI 48315 Michigan

Actually in my opinion the name should be changed to “Rip-off 19”! It seems impossible to cancel membership - requires an act of God!

The staff at this facility were quite accommodating to take our membership fees unfortunately the trouble arose when trying to quit this gym… The experience was totally frustrating!!!

We attempted to hand in our notice at first verbally, in person, to which the staff accepted and informed us that was sufficient only to learn that down the road our credit cards were still being charged our their monthly dues…

Upon which I wrote a formal letter giving Fitness 19 notice that our membership was to be cancelled and that they were to cease and desist charging our credit cards these membership fees… We actually went to the facility in person with my partner as witness and handed it to their front desk person, no manager was in that Thursday Night…  We were informed that it would be promptly taken care of and apologized for the misunderstanding…

Right, time passes and upon checking my credit card statement I see these new charges for Fitness 19 some two months later!!! Needless to say I lost any hair I had left on this old head and called my credit card company to challenge the charges who promptly got Fitness 19 on the phone in an attempt to have resolve this immediately…

Unfortunately I believe that it was one of the Neanderthals that answered the phone who incoherently grunted a few lines responding to the questions of the credit card company representative. After running these grunts through a universal translator we learned that our request was beyond his comprehension and he could do nothing - we would have to call back on Monday to talk with their manager…

Monday comes around and I make the call… Well as it turns out they have NO RECORD of us cancelling our memberships, either verbally or in writing and we were informed that despite not using their facility for what is now six months, which was confirmed by their computer records, that we would still be on the hook for said dues and it was their policy NOT TO ISSUE ANY CREDITS!!!

We, my partner and myself, had to go in to sign one of their forms that our letters of cancellation were not sufficient!!! In our attempts to cancel we were never informed on the requirement to sign a piece of paper – we were only informed that notice to cancel had to be in writing…

So fitness buffs if your intent is to move onto greener pastures to a cleaner more reputable fitness facility then I strongly encourage you to not only ensure that you sign and get a copy of THEIR FROM but also you check your credit card or bank statements for some months out because this Fitness Club does not want to let your money go!!!

I actually find that this conduct to be unprofessional, unethical and just wrong… Buyer beware!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2014 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-19/Shelby-Township-MI-48315-Michigan-48315/Fitness-19-Impossible-to-cancel-membership-requires-an-act-of-God-Shelby-Township-MI-1146283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness 19