farmers

• Updated: Mon, March 04, 2013

• Reported By: T Tong — Sugar Land Texas United States of America
Fitness Connection - Sugar Land
4610 Highway 6 & Austin Parkway Sugar Land, Texas United States of America

Fitness Connection - Sugar Land Fitness Connection - Austin Parkway Join at risk to your credit Sugar Land, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Business Response

Joining is easy, the problem is in cancel the membership.  It damaged my credit credit.  They should make it easy to cancel.  I decided to cancel after I got tired of how crowded the parking was.  when I tried to cancel, they say "we do not cancel here".  You have to call this phone number.  Then when I called the phone number - they said you have to send in a letter in writing. I sent it but they say they did not receive the letter.  So then I had to resend in a certified letter.  I had cancel my credit card as a precaution in case they tried to charge.

Well, they tried charging for 3 months, and they add on another +$70 in penalty fees.  Total for $108.  When I complained - their response is my credit report will get damage.  Even when I offer to pay for 3 months after I canceled, they still want the full additional penalty fees.  I could easily pay it, but it is bad business practice.  The signup process is so easy, but the cancellation process is so difficult - and then they tack on penalty fees.  Then they sent to collections.  As a result, my credit report went down 120 points.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2013 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-Connection-Sugar-Land/Sugar-Land-Texas-77479/Fitness-Connection-Sugar-Land-Fitness-Connection-Austin-Parkway-Join-at-risk-to-your-c-1020494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness Connection - Sugar Land

Business Response

AUTHOR: Lori-Corp Office Fitness Connection - (USA)

We are sorry to hear that you disagree with Fitness Connection's cancellation policies.  Your membership agreement states that a 30 day notice of change is required in writing.  Our office processes multiple change requests from our members on a daily basis, therefore we must process them in order of receipt which is based on the postmark by the US Postal Service.  Any balances, monthly membership fees, etc. owed prior to the effective date of your notice would be owed in full.

If you were instructed to contact our office by phone it would have been to answer questions regarding your verbal inquires on how to terminate your membership.  Your correspondence also states that you sent a notice that you were told that our office did not receive.  Fitness Connection is more than happy to review your account further and make any adjustments necessary based on any proof of cancellation that you can provide to our office dated prior to the effective date of your cancellation.  This proof could be your receipt from the US Postal Service showing the date a prior notice was sent, UPS receipt, FedEx receipt, etc.  If you have such documentation please contact our office at 281-931-6609 and our representatives will be happy to do further research on your account.

Respectfully,