Complaint Review: Fitness Connection

• Reported By: mrr012 — The Woodlands Texas United States of America
Fitness Connection
10235 W Little York Rd Houston, Texas United States of America

Fitness Connection Malarky - fradulent advertising Houston, Texas

I was excited to first join and enthused about a trial membership. However, from the very first day, I was sat down with an associate to discuss signing and offered a "special discount" if I were to sign that very day. Fitness Connection offers "No hassle, no contracts" and a monthly fee of "ONLY 9.95!” Fast forward 6 months, my husband and I decided to cancel our membership. We reviewed their "contract" thoroughly and it stated that, "written notice must be received by certified mail by the 3rd day to cancel." We also noted that at the very bottom of the contract on the last page inserted was, "Notice: all written notice must be received 30 days prior to the billing cycle." In this regards, how would I have known 30 days ago that I wanted to cancel when I was still being billed for the present month? More importantly, now that I can verify that my certified written notice has been received, I’ve been told by a customer service associate that the processing time will take 1-2 weeks until they are able to cancel my account. If this is the case, I will be billed for an entire month yet only receive 2 months of allotted time. The customer service representative that I spoke with informed that I could be using my membership until it is cancelled. However, this is the very reason that I submitted the notice already, and have verification that it has been received. I do not see how this is a fair or ethical. How should I be charged by a company that already has the necessary information that they need from me, yet plan to bill for an entire month when they will only be allotting me 2 weeks of that month and essentially charging me for the time that it takes them to process my request. My biggest quarrel with Fitness Connection is not the billing, but the false advertising. "No hassle," I received plenty of this while talking with a customer service representative and trying to logically explain why it didn't make sense to bill for another month when they already have my resignation. "No contract," The fact that I have a copy of what looks like a contract and sounds like a contract is evidence of there being a contract, especially when the CSA refers to it as “the contract.” Fitness Connection appeals to a certain demographic, while advertising dishonestly. Please know all the facts before you make a decision to join.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2011 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-Connection/Houston-Texas-77040/Fitness-Connection-Malarky-fradulent-advertising-Houston-Texas-701184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness Connection