Complaint Review: Fitness Connection

• Updated: Mon, May 13, 2013

• Reported By: JIll — Raleigh North Carolina
Fitness Connection
7339 Six Forks Road Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Fitness Connection managed badly, instructors not showing up, unauthorized charges, will go against corporate policy to add memeberships Raleigh North Carolina

for three out of five classes water aerobics instructor did not show up.  at first visit, personal trainer did not show up.  I cancelled after a couple of months- was told I needed thirty days - that's fine, one more 9.99 payment I was told.  shortly before cancellation (4/30) I was charged a 29.99 annual fee I did not expect.  Did they tell me when I signed up? No.  was it written in tiny ink at the bottom, most likely.  Bad business practice if nothing else.  All I remember were rainbows and lollipops. They also did not mention this when I stopped membership.  Why would I be charged an annual fee on April 22 when I had clearly stopped my membership on 04/30.   Did the manager ever even speak to me again, not once.  He also told me we could lie and say that my 10 year old daughter was 12 so she could participate in classes.  While I appreciate he was trying to accommodate another membership fee,  I don't teach my daughter to lie, and I'm certain the policy is there for a reason.  Next step a call to my credit card company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2013 08:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-Connection/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27615/Fitness-Connection-managed-badly-instructors-not-showing-up-unauthorized-charges-will-1050459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness Connection