Complaint Review: Fitness Connection

• Reported By: M-Annoyed — RTP United States of America
Fitness Connection
PO Box 680768 Houston, Texas 77268-0768 Internet United States of America

Fitness Connection Fraudulent Billing Activities RTP, Internet

To avoid any issues with billing on my credit card, I pre-paid my annual membership fee with Fitness Connection.  I mean, what could happen when you pre-pay?

Well, they somehow created two accounts for my name and applied payment to only one and let the other one be listed as past-due.  For over 6 months, I have been getting harassing calls and had to keep calling the local RTP Gym.  The manager, Stu Yeatts, keeps saying that they are fixing the issue and has even emailed me that my account is paid in full.

However, the calls keep coming from:
  • 732-455-9387
  • 800-278-7172
  • 347-348-0611

I called their HQ again today and spoke with Martha.  She said that she will try to fix the situation tomorrow when her manager is in.  Although she was professional, unlike Stu Yeatts, I said that what i cared about were results and no more calls.  I also said that I would pursue legal action if I got one more single call and requested that they "make it right" by offering me a freebie like 6 months free membership to make up for - slightly- the months of annoyance and harassment.

I'm tired of bad customer service, and platitudes that the issue "is taken care of" when it isn't.  Some companies simply don't know how to treat customers -- that is, with a little respect!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2012 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-Connection/internet/Fitness-Connection-Fraudulent-Billing-Activities-RTP-Internet-890394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness Connection