Complaint Review: Fitness Connection

• Reported By: Winged Warrior — Houston Texas
Fitness Connection
Nationwide USA

Fitness Connection Fitness Connection - Impossible to cancel Houston Nationwide

I have been a member of this gym for more than four years although I have only used the facililty at max 4 times.  I tried in the beginning to cancel my membership but it was almost impossible to do so.  They continued charging me membership fees although I had requested my membership be cancelled.  Then I had to send it in writing to this office which I did--still months later I was still being charged.

Finally this year they started calling me everyday about this account.  I called them and they gave me this web site with a password to cancel.  I filled that out and then they started calling me everyday again about a balance of $43 dollars.  I called then again and I said, Listen I cancelled.  They said well since you didn't pay off the $43 then you have to pay that and another months membership.

I said to them that I have only used this gym maybe three times and they can tell because you have to swipe your card when you use it.  I told them since they had been getting free money from me, the least they could do was to waive the last montly fee (fee for sept 2014) and they told me that they could not.  I paid them over $50 to cancel and yet she told me that my credit card info would still be on file with them and I asked if she could make sure that I was not charged anything further.

NEVER use this gym.  Once you sign up it takes an act of congree to cancel!!! BEWARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2014 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-Connection/nationwide/Fitness-Connection-Fitness-Connection-Impossible-to-cancel-Houston-Nationwide-1173177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness Connection