Complaint Review: Fitness One For Women

• Reported By: Emilie B — Toronto Ontario
Fitness One For Women
85 Ellesmere Rd Scarborough, Ontario United States of America

Fitness One For Women Ripped Off from Fitness ONE Scarborough, Ontario

I originally joined Fitness ONE (parkway Mall location) in 2006. at the time, everything was running smoothly. As of 2012, they started changing owners, the machines never worked, the place was run down. My contract states that they we're to take 19$ + tax every 15th of every month but sthey started taking money out on the 1st, the 4th, the 30th... They charged me about 100$ in total for one month. I started calling and bringing in bank statements but no one ever returned my calls and emails.
When they finally got back to me they kept giving me one excuse after the next (the computers are down, the head office is moving right now and they cannot issue cheques).

The manager George is pathetic and no help, I don't even know why he is a manager since he doesn't do anything. They put another girl in charge of refunds by the name of Shannon but she is no helpt either.She keeps giving excuses too and says that all she can do is email the "head office" and that someone should get back to me. I've been expecting a refund since June2012 and i am yet to see a penny back. I cancelled my membership once I saw how unreliable they are. I even went as far as closing my bank account because I don't trust them. DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING WITH THEM OR GIVE THEM YOUR BANKING INFO. THEY RIP PEOPLE OFF AND NEVER REFUND ONCE THEY OVER CHARGE YOU.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2013 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-One-For-Women/Scarborough-Ontario-M1R-4C1/Fitness-One-For-Women-Ripped-Off-from-Fitness-ONE-Scarborough-Ontario-1038455. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness One For Women