Complaint Review: Fitness One For Women

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
Fitness One For Women
Danforth And Main Location Toronto, Ontario Canada

Fitness One For Women They stole money from my account Toronto Ontario

I reluctantly joined this gym in October 2007 after being told they had all new staff and new management, as even though I paid for the full year, I stopped going after 6 months because the staff and management were absolutely terrible.
After being there for only 2 months, I realised that NOTHING had changed and then in March of this year, they took an extra payment out of my bank account when they were not authorised to do so, and when I called to ask what was going on, I was told by a staff member " it's not our fault, the computer made the mistake"

I was really upset as their blunder caused my account to be overdrawn, I had to go to my branch and have the charges reversed and sign an affadavit ( just after losing my brother )but I was still out $5.07 my bank charged me.

I called and emailed their "customer service dept." many times and it took about two weeks for someone to finally get back to me. It was the CEO Mr. Wheeler, and I told him I felt I should be let out of my contract because of this as I didn't trust them any more and wasn't happy with the service anyways, and he said he would do that for me PLUS give me a full refund of all the monies I had paid thus far.To this day, I STILL have not received an apology from anyone nor have I received my refund. Oh, but they did take more money from my account on April 1st, and I went to the gym on April 8th, but was told I couldn't work out because my membership was cancelled by Mr. Wheeler. I told her I was going to go there as often as I wanted until I got my refund because they took my money and they can't take money from me and then tell me I can't work out there. I needed the refund to join another ( better ) gym.

I have been inquiring about my refund for the past 6 weeks and they just keep saying "it's in the refund dept. waiting to be signed" and a woman named Angel just emails me saying "yep, it's still in the refund dept!" as if it's a big joke to her. What a poorly run and crooked company this is.
Never would I recommend this gym to ANYONE! The staff are rude and arrogant and the people at "customer service" are even worse!

Jude
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2008 08:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-One-For-Women/Toronto-Ontario/Fitness-One-For-Women-They-stole-money-from-my-account-Toronto-Ontario-347367. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness One For Women