Complaint Review: Fitness One for Women

• Updated: Sat, May 04, 2013

• Reported By: chipper — Toronto Ontario
Fitness One for Women
85 Ellesmere Road Scarborough, Ontario Canada

Fitness One for Women, aka Squeeze Fitness gym, scam, theives, fitness, one, squeeze, membership, closed Scarborough Ontario Canada

*UPDATE Employee: Information and Assistance

On April 5th, 2013 I walked into the Fitness One for Women at Parkway Mall in Scarborough and used my Mastercard to purchase a gym membership for myself and my daughter. I paid for a full year, at once, for both of us, at the cost of $10 a month plus a $99 sign-up fee for each of our memberships. The girl who helped sign us up said that they were under new management and that I'd have 30 days to change my mind.

By April 19th, 2013 the gym was completely closed down, and there was a sign on the window saying that they had been evicted for failure to pay rent. Wanting a refund at this point I took a look at my contract and receipt and noticed that it mentioned Squeeze Fitness at 5150 Yonge Street. I don't drive and I joined the closest gym to me for that reason, but I made my way half way across town to 5150 Yonge Street to ask for a refund, but when I got there I found locked doors and another place that was obviously permanently closed.

These people took my money and ran. They owe me $494! They knew they were closing the day I handed over my credit card and they failed to inform me. They have my contact information, but they haven't tried to contact me. I've been unable to contact them. I'm struggling now to get my money back from Mastercard, trying to prove to them this was a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2013 06:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-One-for-Women/Scarborough-Ontario/Fitness-One-for-Women-aka-Squeeze-Fitness-gym-scam-theives-fitness-one-squeeze-mem-1048384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness One for Women

Information and Assistance

AUTHOR: Customer Service - ()

Hello,

You have made an anonymous complaint that we would be happy to try and resolve for you.

Please be advised that Squeeze is not related to Fitness One. We were involved in negotiations to take over the club and felt confident this would happen. Unfortunately, we not able to finalize a deal with them.

You also make mention of the actual Squeeze location on Yonge Street being 'obviously permanently closed'. This is not accurate or true in any way whatsoever.

The location is brand new and currently under construction. The front portion is manned almost every day.

I may be able to help you with your issue if you would kindly provide your name. You can email us at askmeanything@squeezehealth.ca