• Report: #781902

• Updated: Tue, September 27, 2011

• Reported By: Angry customer — Toronto Ontario Canada
Fitness One
900 Dufferin st. Toronto, Ontario Canada

Fitness One John Wheeler Fitness One Gym has ripped me and I'm sure others off! This company and it's president John Wheeler make me sick! Toronto, Ontario Canada

March of 2011 I decided to join fitness one at the dufferin mall location. I signed up for $20 a month and had to pay a registration fee of $100.21. I signed a contract which wrote that I had a ten day grace period where if I was not satisfied I would be able to receive a full refund. Well for many many reasons I was not satisfied. On day 10 I went in and signed a form stating that I would receive a refund and that It just had to go through head office and that my cheque would be mailed to me within the next 3 weeks.

3 weeks came around. I checked my mail and there was no cheque. I waited another week and decided to call the location of the Fitness one that I went to. They told me that it took 30 business days to receive any refund. When I asked for the name and # to call the head office they gave me Lori and her ext. #. I called Lori every day and left a message for the next 2 months. She never called. I decided that trying to get through to her was impossible and called the Dufferin mall location every week and each time someone new that claimed they were the manager of the location told me that they would send this Lori person an email and let her know how upset I was and that I needed to get my money back. The same routine has continued and is still going on present day. It has been 7 months. I realize $100 is not a lot of money but times are tough for me and not only that it's principle that they shouldn't be stealing money from people! This company makes me sick.

I do believe this company needs to be stopped. Fitness One. Ontario, Canada.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2011 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-One/Toronto-Ontario-/Fitness-One-John-Wheeler-Fitness-One-Gym-has-ripped-me-and-Im-sure-others-off-This-compa-781902. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness One