Complaint Review: Fitness One

• Updated: Tue, May 22, 2012

• Reported By: kat — Toronto Ontario Canada
Fitness One
100 Ortona Court, Vaughan Ontario Vaughan, Ontario United States of America

Fitness One John Wheeler continued to charge $1800 after cancellation Vaughan, Ontario

*Author of original report: REsponse to Kathy's post "unusual complaint" - calls and emails not returned

*UPDATE Employee: Unusual Complaint

5 years after cancelling my membership I received a call from fitness one stating that I owed $1800 dollars that was about to be sent to collections. In my initial conversation I was unable to resolve the matter before the employee hung up on me because it was 4:30 and the end of his day. I read that a class action law suit was being filed.  I hope it is not too late to become involved in this. Please contact me if you know how to get involved.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2012 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-One/Vaughan-Ontario-L4k-0A5/Fitness-One-John-Wheeler-continued-to-charge-1800-after-cancellation-Vaughan-Ontario-877341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness One

REsponse to Kathy's post "unusual complaint" - calls and emails not returned

AUTHOR: katkat - (Canada)

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for your response. I would prefer not to post these details on a public forum.  Instead I have tried calling you at the number provided and emailing you at the address left on your outgoing voice mail.  It has been over a week and you have not been in touch with me to resolve the matter.  I have also sent a written complaint via registered mail that I know your company received on May 4th. I would like to think that you genuinely do want to resolve this, but the impossibility of actually reaching you and your failure to respond to emails and calls makes me suspect perhaps your post above is just P.R. Please check your email and respond to me.

Unusual Complaint

AUTHOR: Kathy Della Chiara - (Canada)

Hello,

I have noticed that you have not stated your name, membership number or club you joined in your complaint. . If you provide those detail we would be happy to solve this situation for you.

In addition, we do not bill people for 5 years if the payments are not going through. Therefore, it seems highly unlikely that any body would be calling you for $1800 owing for the past 5 years. However, i would be happy to look into this for you.

Please contact our office at 905-761-8514 ext 238 and I will personally handle this problem for you.

Kathy