Complaint Review: FitnessRepairParts.com

• Updated: Wed, February 19, 2014

• Reported By: cyberlight52 — Rochester New Hampshire
FitnessRepairParts.com
, Select State/Province USA

FitnessRepairParts.com Fitness Repair Parts Wrong Part, Outrageous Fees Internet

Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System.
Your complaint has been assigned case # 1490077.
Correspondence regarding this complaint will be emailed to : rich.clough@gmail.com
Please print a copy of this for your records.

Filed on : February 17 2014

Filed against :
Fitness Repair Parts
108 Hamilton Industrial Ct.
Wentzville MO 63385

Complaint Description:
After confirming the part # on the phone with FRP customer service, I ordered and received the part and found it does not work with my machine. The part I received looks as if it will work. However, the motor turns in the wrong direction. The install guide shows a machine that works differently than mine. My machine requires the motor to engage to reduce the friction whereas this motor engages when the resistance is increased. I called, sent pictures, sent videos, called again, and again, and again to try and work it out with them, but all I received was a standard response that they would allow me to return the item with a 20% restocking fee and a 30% bench test fee (50% of the the total cost of $97).

I told them that I wanted to work with them and purchase the product from them (especially since they are one of the only companies that sell these types of products) to no avail. They were unwilling to work with me to figure out a solution that would work. The woman on the phone (Susan) stated that "the catalog shows that this part is compatible with your machine." over and over and over. I told her that I understand what the catalog says, but it just does not work. When I asked to speak with someone technical re: my situation, she said that there are no technical people on-site to speak with.

She continued on to tell me I could hire a contractor to come out and look at the part to make it work. To that I asked, if I have someone come out to CONFIRM that this is the wrong part, would they be willing to accept my explanation from an EXPERT and she said that they would still be required to charge the 50% fee. Then, I was told to route the cable differently through the guide (mechanically impossible) and also to "change the polarity" of the motor. After making those recommendations, I replied to her and asked if those modifications were required to make this part work with my machine, isn't it an admission by her that it is the wrong part.

Her response was "the catalog states this part is compatible with your machine." Left without any options, and knowing I was not going to receive my money back, I decided to move forward with modifying the polarity / connections / etc. of the motor. That did not work (I tried every possible connection). My machine is now rendered useless and I am now searching for another vendor that can provide me with the part I need to get my machine back in working order. I have had many customer service experiences, none have ever been this terrible. Their blatant disregard of the customer is unbelievable. They are an awful organization to do business with and their practices should be noted so other consumers do not make the same mistake I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2014 09:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FitnessRepairPartscom/Select-StateProvince/FitnessRepairPartscom-Fitness-Repair-Parts-Wrong-Part-Outrageous-Fees-Internet-1124354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FitnessRepairParts.com